Salary: £20,000 per annum
Following a restructure within the Rugby Development team, we now have a new full time permanent vacancy as an Education Development Assistant, specialising in the Colleges sector, within the Education Development Team.
The Education Development Assistant will deliver effective and efficient day to day contact, support, and functions for the game across the education landscape with specific expertise in Colleges. They will work with Managers and teams across the function and external stakeholders to ensure processes, systems and projects are run in an effective, timely manner.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver knowledgeable and engaging day to day contact, support, advice, functions and signposting that enable effective local rugby delivery in schools, colleges and universities
- Provide specific expertise on the rugby offer in the colleges sector and development opportunities for playing and non-playing institutes, CBs, regional representatives and the Local Rugby Delivery team
- Support the solutions development work of the Education Development Managers, e.g. administrative backup and a first point of contact for colleges
- Support the Education Operations Manager’s operational production and rollout of solutions to the college landscape and the Local Rugby Delivery team, e.g. communications support, resource distribution
- Deliver the support service to the ECRFU, its structure and affiliated members keeping data and directories up to date and developed in line with RFU reporting needs
- Support the college communication process including day to day correspondence and development and distribution of send outs
- Provide delivery support for and at major high-profile national events within Education Development (e.g. Conferences, Student Rugby Day, National School Games)
- Maintenance of up to date contact and membership information relating to provision of rugby in colleges
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contributing to the development and delivery of Rugby & Club Development strategic, business and operational plans
To succeed in this role, you must have experience of working in a customer services environment and strong administrative experience. Experience of the colleges sector is preferred. The successful applicant will be educated to a minimum of 'GCSE' standard or equivalent and preferably with at least five GCSEs at grade C or above.
You will be highly self-motivated and able to work under your own direction to achieve stated objectives within the necessary timescales; including attention to detail. You will develop and maintain relationships and partnerships internally and externally with the ability to influence upwards and with peers. You will have strong organisational skills, particularly in coordinating events/meetings, and managing office systems and processes to ensure business operations run efficiently.
To apply, please send your application form to Hannah Binns, Human Resources Partner, Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, October 17, 2012; interview date will be October 24, 2012.
17 October 2012
17 October 2012