Following the launch of the O2 Touch Rugby programme, we now have a new full-time permanent vacancy for a Touch Rugby Project Assistant within the Rugby Growth department. The Touch Rugby Project Assistant will support the planning, administration and operational delivery of the RFU’s approved game wide strategy for development of touch rugby. Specific focus will be on leading the administrative functions needed to support the development and delivery of O2 Touch and managing special projects and events to support the programme as required.
The role will also support the Head of Rugby Growth and Touch Operations Manager in the longer term strategic planning, measurement and financial management of the Touch Rugby programme as well as wider Growth Team support. This will include liaising with cross-departmental stakeholders to deliver the Touch programme as required to ensure all timelines and milestones are reached.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Website management – ensuring activity data is regularly reported through the O2 Touch website and improvements to the content are sought for both customer & operator navigation
- Kit management – liaising with the RFU resources department to ensure timely delivery of operator and player clothing, playing equipment whilst managing stock levels
- Budget support and financial processing
- Reviewing and developing the strategy for O2 Summer Touch and O2 College Touch
- Delivery of a professional customer service
- Support the delivery and activation plan, including liaison with the Local Rugby Delivery workforce and commercial partners to ensure all timelines and milestones are reached
- Implement the reward & recognition scheme, provide continuous administration of the scheme and provide reports to the Touch Operations Manager
- Working with the Commercial department, provide support with managing sponsor relationships
To succeed in this role, you must have experience of administering sports development or other similar programmes (e.g. charitable sector, marketing agency) to ensure smooth operational delivery. You will also have confidence and experience in dealing with a wide range of people and building relationships across organisations with diverse priorities. The successful applicant will ideally be educated to degree standard in a related field.
You will be highly self-motivated and able to work under your own direction to achieve stated objectives within the necessary timescales and demonstrate a determination to follow through tasks or projects to completion. You must also demonstrate a proactive, flexible customer orientated approach; excellent administrative skills, high attention to detail and an ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
To apply, please send your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the Careers and Vacancies section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is May 20, 2013.
20 May 2013
20 May 2013