The Rugby Football Union is recruiting for a Commercial Partnerships Manager who will be responsible for providing a full management and service function to an assigned group of RFU Partners. To deliver against all contractual obligations, develop new and creative ways to maximise relationships and create value for both parties. To be involved in the renewal process as appropriate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of RFU partners.
- Ensuring the needs of both Partners and the RFU are met and that you have a robust understanding of the partner brands and businesses.
- Ensuring that the relationship with all Partners is managed efficiently, contractual rights are professionally delivered and that you constantly challenge yourself and the team to develop new and innovative ways to provide value to both the Partner and the RFU.
- Ensuring that all RFU departments are engaged in the partnerships and provide the necessary support to deliver against Partner objectives, with constant communication and collaboration.
- To leverage each partnership for maximum value for both partner and the RFU.
- Providing management support and guidance to the Account Executives who support you on the delivery of the major Partner accounts or in managing their own accounts.
- To have a solid understanding of the contractual process including excellent attention to detail, experience in developing partner prospects and negotiation, as well as the ability to develop new business proposals.
- To develop a partnership approach that focuses on quality of experience and high value client servicing of each partner.
- To communicate the broader RFU vision and strategy to Partners and update them on a regular basis about the business as a whole and the developments within it.
- Assisting in the development of new revenue streams for the commercial department from Partners and through new ideas and propositions.
- To foster the best possible professional and personal relationships with Partners, agencies and internal stakeholders.
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload to ensure that there is a prioritised level of support for all Partners.
- To ensure that meetings, debriefs and learnings take place on a regular basis.
- To manage the commercial activities of the England players during England periods including appearances and other related activities.
- To be on duty at Twickenham match days to co-ordinate match Partner rights and branding and to ensure that the other sponsors present are well serviced.
- To ensure that the RFU’s brand and corporate identities are fully implemented and correctly used across all Partner activity including, but not limited to, advertising.
- To assist with the delivery of commercial match day components such as perimeter signage, tickets, programme advertising, and experiential activity.
- To assist the commercial team in delivering stadium branding solutions.
- To ensure that each Partner receives copies of the RFU press releases and news updates, and is kept informed of all RFU developments.
- To liaise with the Finance Department to ensure that all invoices for Partnership fees and payments are issued on time and promptly paid by each Partner.
- To liaise fully with other members of the Commercial and Communications departments on a regular basis to ensure the widest dissemination of news and information.
- To ensure that that all tasks are carried out in the most cost effective way and within budget.
- To lead or support the team in delivering any Partner events.
- To keep abreast of marketing and business developments to ensure we identify and take advantage of new opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Credible and relevant experience, preferably from a sponsorship or marketing background, either for a brand or within an agency
- Experience in PR, marketing and event management is essential
- Substantial experience managing high level client accounts
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of sports marketing
- Ideally some experience of managing staff – e.g. Account Executives
- Experience of managing direct reports
- Degree level education or higher desirable, but not essential
- An excellent skills set across sponsor servicing, marketing, PR and event management
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and conscientious person with a outgoing and engaging disposition
- Has a natural enthusiasm for life – very positive and strong self-belief
- Motivated by personal achievement as well as team success
- Exhibit drive and personal ambition – able to work autonomously when required
- Driven with a commitment to achieving excellence in own work
- Attention to detail imperative
- IT literate, with a good knowledge of Word and Excel, with Outlook preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Sophie Flores, Human Resources Partner, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the Careers and Vacancies section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 18th April 2013.
18 April 2013
18 April 2013