Competitive + Benefits Package
We have an opportunity to appoint a confident, self-motivated and proactive Personal Assistant to support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Based in Twickenham, this role will provide a full, first class PA service, ensuring that the office is managed in the most efficient manner.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Project a professional image via all personal and telephone interactions
- Be responsible for the CFO’s diary appointments and make all travel arrangements, overnight accommodation bookings etc. where necessary
- Work directly with the PA’s of the executive team to ensure all key activities are conducted in an efficient manner
- Type correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and prepare spreadsheets (using all relevant Microsoft Office software) for the CFO and other support functions as required
- Organise venues for meetings and events, both internally and externally via the Council Services Department or directly with the venue and, if required, assist attendees with their travel / accommodation arrangements.
- Assist the CFO with the preparation of Management Board reports, power point presentations and other key documents as dictated by the priorities of the organisation
- Open, review and distribute the CFO’s external mail and monitor all external telephone calls
- Liaise with key external bodies on behalf of the CFO including HMRC, Local Authorities, Government departments, external auditors, tax advisors, Clubs and approved media contacts
- Reconcile the CFO’s RFU Business Card statement and submit monthly expenses claim forms
- Undertake specific administrative duties when required within the Support departments as agreed by the CFO and direct reports
- Must have excellent word processing skills and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate the highest professional standards of operation and service
- Must be “customer service” driven, with an orientation towards service of others
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees from all parts of the company; and externally with Council members; Constituent Bodies; volunteers; and other external contacts, always presenting a high professional image when representing the Company
- Must be able to establish positive working relationships with staff throughout the organisation and command the respect of others
- Must be able to multi-task and “upwardly manage” when necessary
- Must have a record of achievement in a PA or senior office administration role, preferably gained within a service related business
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations, to Sophie Flores, Interim HR Partner, Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
11 October 2012
11 October 2012