Competitive plus benefits
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) is seeking an experienced Venue Operations Manager to manage and improve venue-wide operations and site services, supporting the commercial and operational objectives of the business. Based within Venue Facilities, this position reports into the Head of Venue Facilities and carries responsibility for the management of the stadium operations supervisors, all security personnel and the Rugby House concierge team.
You will develop and implement an integrated and coordinated venue-wide operations plan, for event and non event days, incorporating the interests of all stakeholders and venue users and work collaboratively with other members of the Venue Facilities Management team.
The Venue Operations Manager will:
- Provide venue operations support to the Events department in delivering world-class events at the venue, including major sporting fixtures
- Provide input into the Venue Facilities department management team and ensure the department’s delivery is coordinated and efficient across all functions
- Ensure that the business remains compliant with security legislation and its own security and safety policies
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Venue Operations team ensuring that all staff are competently trained and motivated and deliver high standards of customer service and operate to agreed performance standards
- Ensure that the security, customer service and car parking requirements of non-event day activities are well coordinated and professionally delivered
- Continually seek ways to improve the venue operation and the reputation of the venue
- Manage and motivate the Venue Operations team ensuring that during the initial transition period to a new department the change process is managed with clear communication and direction
- Deliver a flexible and customer service driven team that is motivated by a desire for continuous improvement and exceeding expectations
- Encourage continuous professional development across the department and identify relevant training and resources
- Manage the Venue Operations team event day roles and responsibilities and ensure there are always sufficient resources to fulfil the positions
- Assist in creating an environment within which staff from all departments work in a collaborative and constructive way in order to achieve the highest operational standards on event days
- Manage the department’s budget within the agreed parameters
- Work closely with the Technical Services, Health and Safety and Sustainability managers pre, during and post event to ensure a coordinated approach and delivery of all facilities services
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of managing site operational services and security management legislation. You will have a proven experience of leading a large team of direct and indirect reports effectively and achieving corporate goals. You will also be able to develop effective working relationships with business partners at a senior level as well as a wide number of external agencies. Previous operational experience at a large-scale events venue would be a major advantage.
You will be required to work extended hours during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends so you must be able to demonstrate a thorough and flexible approach.
Recruitment and screening of candidates for this position is being managed externally by ESP Recruitment.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the contact details below and send through a CV and covering letter/email quoting reference DC8296 to Rugby@esprecruitment.co.uk.
No direct applications please, all applications must go through our recruitment partner ESP Recruitment. If successful in your application you will be contacted to discuss further.
21 October 2013
21 October 2013