The Rugby Football Union is looking for a Head Coach to lead and manage the England Women’s Sevens squad and to ensure the team is competitive and successful year on year.
Reporting into the Head of Performance (Women), the England Sevens Head Coach will deliver team targets that are agreed with the Head of Performance and are in conjunction with the Strategic Plan.
This high profile and essential role will be responsible for assisting in the appointment, direction and management of the England Assistant Coach and will direct and manage support staff as required by the Sevens squad. They will also be required to support the XVs programme as required, in the role of Assistant Coach.
Main responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the overall coaching and management of the England Women’s Sevens Team
- In conjunction with the Women’s Head of Performance implement the approved England Women’s Sevens Team playing strategy
- With the Women’s Head of Performance and England Women’s Head Coach agree selection of players into EPS and selection of players for 7s squads at tournaments and training
- Establish and agree in consultation with the Women’s Head of Performance and Athletic Performance Manager/EIS Staff, world-class performance standards for identified England Women’s Sevens players to achieve and maintain. To monitor achievements against these standards
- To work alongside the England Women’s Head Coach with all players in the Elite Player Squad during camps and, where agreed, competitions and provide coaching support to agreed England Sevens players within their club environment
- Plan and review specialist coaching needs for the England Women’s Sevens team
- To be responsible in conjunction with agreed Performance Analyst for assuring the highest level of analysis is performed in international training and games, for opposition sides as well as for each member of the England Sevens team
- To liaise with the Logistics Officer and Player Development Support Officer to plan and facilitate the operational arrangements for the England Sevens team including hotels, travel, facilities, kit, etc for approval by the Head of Performance
- Develop relationships with Women’s Performance Team/International Performance Department/Professional Rugby Department senior management team, RFU development staff, National Academy Coaches and Premiership coaches to support the development of England Women’s Sevens players
- To support and liaise with the RFU Commercial and Communications departments and key England Sevens sponsors as and when required
- In conjunction with England Coaches and medical team, manage the playing programme of England Sevens players and their rehabilitation from injury
Applicants must have an RFU Level 3 coaching award (or international equivalent) as a minimum along with demonstrable experience at International and Premiership/Championship level.
The successful candidate will be a well-respected high-performance team coach with proven ability to lead and manage female athletes. They must also possess proven technical and tactical knowledge of Sevens play.
Visit our erecruitment portal to apply for this position.
Please ensure you include a cover letter and cv with your application.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, October 17 and candidates must be available for first interviews on Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
17 October 2013
17 October 2013