c£40,000 plus company car
Based at Twickenham with extensive travel
Following a restructure within the Rugby Development team, we now have a new full time permanent vacancy as a Touch Operations Manager within the Rugby Growth department. The Touch Operations Manager will lead the operational delivery of the RFU’s approved game wide strategy for Touch rugby. Specific focus will be on managing all club, league and delivery agencies to deliver a consistent and quality customer experience across England for customers and clubs alike.
The role will be responsible for leading the continual development and delivery of the RFU’s operational plan to expanding the reach of Touch Rugby across England, identifying new locations and clubs to deliver Touch, develop key stakeholder relationships and be the key point of contact at The RFU for all Touch operational activity. The role undertaken will also focus on supporting the longer term strategic planning, measurement and financial management of the Touch Rugby programme.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the current operational plan to support the game wide strategy for development of Touch rugby across England and increase participation in the Game
- Ensure the delivery of RFU Touch across England is delivered with consistency, quality and to the highest possible levels of customer service
- Working with clubs, constituent bodies and area delivery teams to deliver a vibrant, sustainable and self-liquidating Touch programme in every location across Touch Base Centres, Leagues and Universities
- Lead in finding the right locations and operators to deliver new Touch opportunities across the country working closely with CB’s and RDO to evidence best practice across regions to encourage other clubs to take part Manage the delivery of the financial support plan to every club or university operator with the agreed framework including ROI measures to assess the effectiveness of the investment
- Ensure all Club and League commitments are adhered to via the regional delivery networks including the delivery of local Touch activity to the required standard, venue provision, CRB checked staff and insurances and that robust Touch development plans are made
To succeed in this role, you must have experience of being in a leadership role with an ability to articulate an overall function strategy to others and translate into working practices in delivering Rugby activity. You will also have confidence and experience in dealing with a wide range of people and building relationships across organizations with diverse priorities.
The successful applicant will be educated to degree standard; experience in sports coaching and training others to deliver sports activity is preferred. In depth knowledge and understanding of the club rugby landscape throughout England is also required.
You will be highly self-motivated and able to work under your own direction to achieve stated objectives within the necessary timescales and demonstrate a determination to follow through tasks or projects to completion. You must also demonstrate an innovative approach to work, strong organisational skills and an ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
To apply, please send your CV & covering letter to Hannah Binns, Human Resources Partner, Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or e-mail it to email@example.com
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application.The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
24 October 2012
24 October 2012