This role is to work as part of the Rugby Store team, ensuring that all customers are treated as the most important part of the business, and that all communication is dealt with in a prompt, effective and timely manner and in accordance with Customer Service Standard.
The role requires you to have a flexible approach to the working day and demonstrate a willingness to be adaptable in managing different tasks.
Must be available to work assigned hours of
Monday to Friday, 2.00pm to 6.00pm (20 hours per week)
- Ensure a high level of customer service is given at all times and that customers and sales are the number one priority
- Assist with all returns, queries and complaints and ensure they are dealt with in accordance with Customer Service Standard
- Ensure that a high level of product knowledge is maintained at all times
- Ensure that all sales orders are taken efficiently and effectively and that time guidelines are strictly adhered to
- Ensure that all aspects of the daily and monthly work practices are being carried out in an effective and efficient manner and bring to the attention of the Assistant Manager any problems that arise
- Assist the wider merchandising and licensing team by taking on tasks/projects that are deemed appropriate by the Head of Merchandising and/or the Retail Operations Manager
- Assist the buying team in the management of the Eatec/IG retail system ensuring accuracy of information and efficiency of system use
- Ensure that all levels of product are monitored on a regular basis; communicate any issues to the Merchandise Coordinator/Assistant Manager on a daily basis. This is to include replenishment and sizing needs.
- Regularly monitor all reduced stock, ensure that every effort is made to promote and highlight the products, thus ensuring effective sell through
- Liaise with the Assistant Manager to ensure a high standard of visual presentation, merchandising and general housekeeping at all times. Look to implement any improvements that are necessary
- Look to develop new opportunities to increase customer service levels
- Inform customers in the event of inability to fulfil orders and offer an alternative
- Ensure that all catalogue requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in reviewing systems and standards that will increase efficiency and more importantly, profitability
- Assist in training new staff and ensure that a high standard is adhered to
- General duties when deemed necessary by Assistant Manager
- Ensure that all health and safety policies and regulations are strictly adhered to
- Adhere to strict security guidelines specific to the Rugby Store
- Support Museum reception area when necessary
- Be familiar with all areas of the RFU activities, therefore giving the ability to answer all enquiries
The role, responsibilities and skills outlined in the job description may be reasonably amended at the company’s discretion. The company will inform the post holder in the event of any changes made.
- Call centre experience is preferable
- Credible experience in a customer service-orientated environment, preferably in retail or sporting sectors
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Sophie Flores, Human Resources Partner, via email to email@example.com. The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the Careers and Vacancies section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on February 27, 2013.
27 February 2013
27 February 2013