Competitive plus benefits
Based at Twickenham Stadium and sitting within the IT department, we have a vacancy for a 2nd Line Support Analyst. The Service Delivery Team provides IT support to the RFU and its partners. This role responds to incidents logged through the Service Desk relating to the IT systems, providing resolutions within defined SLAs. The role will also involve some proactive work with new projects and evaluation of new IT solutions, creating documentation and populating the IT Support knowledgebase.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Resolve logged incidents, working to the RFU’s SLAs
- Use and management of RFU’s structured Service Desk software
- Provide regular communication to users regarding incident status
- Provide Event Day support and Out of Hours On Call support according to a team rota
- Provide occasional support away from the Twickenham office
- Act as occasional cover for the Service Desk
- Carry out scheduled IT admin tasks
- Prepare and deliver new equipment and provide IT inductions for new users
- Evaluation of new software and hardware
- Document support and installation procedures
Candidates should be educated to degree level with solid IT and customer service experience. The successful candidate will also have experience supporting the IT operations within the RFU including but not limited to the following:
- Windows 2008/2012
- Active Directory Administration
- Windows 7
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Mac OSx
- Microsoft Exchange Server (version 2007 onwards)
- Microsoft Lync 2010/2012
- Microsoft Sharepoint 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server (version 2005 onwards)
- Microsoft ISA (server 2004 onwards)
- Microsoft Office (version XP onwards)
- Remote connection protocols e.g. VPN tunnelling.
- PC/Server hardware
- Web based infrastructure projects, .NET framework, IIS, ASP.net
- Basic Cisco configuration skills
- Intermediate programming/scripting skills
The successful candidates will be “customer service” driven, demonstrate a thorough, timely approach to work and have the stamina and perseverance to cope with heavy workloads and sometimes complex issues. High professional standards, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to work successfully both alone and in a small team are all requirements for the post.
To apply for this role please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, January 29, 2014.
29 January 2014
29 January 2014