Competitive + benefits
Twickenham Stadium is the home of English rugby, the headquarters of the Rugby Football Union and one of the foremost sports and concert venues in Europe. The stadium has a spectator capacity of 82,000 and the site includes a 156-bedroom Marriott hotel, a Virgin Active leisure club, conference and banqueting facilities, a performing arts centre, a Rugby store and office accommodation, making the stadium a 365 day a year business.
We are seeking a part time Concierge to provide a professional reception service at the entrance to Rugby House from 1300 hrs to 1900 hrs, Monday to Friday and on weekend event days as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a friendly, professional, helpful, welcoming and efficient front desk reception service to meet and greet RFU employees, guests and clients attending South stand functions.
- Answering queries from visitors and general public in an efficient, positive, polite and helpful manner.
- Operating a visitor pass and control system.
- Working closely with colleagues from Twickenham Experience Limited on functions in the South stand in order to ensure that they operate professionally.
- Arranging taxis for visitors or advising of alternative transport options in the local area.
- Answering telephone calls to concierge desk and, if appropriate, redirecting accordingly.
- Receiving and distributing hand delivered mail.
- Monitoring the stadium security by directing guests and customers to the relevant areas of the South stand.
- Directing staff and visitors to designated parking areas within the car parks or agreed function locations.
- Directing all deliveries to Gate D for access to the rear of the South stand.
- Taking deliveries of newspapers.
- Issuing employment application forms to inquiring public.
- Distributing wrist bands and security passes as appropriate around event days.
- Other duties to assist the Stadium department as required.
Candidates will preferably have some previous experience of performing reception/concierge duties in a prestige business environment and corporate centre. Previous experience of working in a security or sporting venue/event management environment would be an advantage. An NVQ or equivalent qualification in Customer Service or Security will also be valued.
You must have excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of staff, guests, VIPs, and commercial visitors. The successful candidate must also be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and Word).
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Sophie Flores, Human Resources Partner; via email to email@example.com. The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the Careers and Vacancies section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is November 28, 2012
28 November 2012
28 November 2012