Competitive + benefits
The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grass roots and elite rugby in England, with 1,900 autonomous rugby clubs enjoying membership status. The RFU employs circa 500 people and supports up to 40,000 volunteers who help organise the playing, coaching and refereeing of matches and recreational rugby at all levels; and work with clubs to secure fundraising, grants and loans. The RFU’s income is made up of funding from multiple streams; including sponsorship, government, ticket sales at Twickenham, hospitality and television rights.
The RFU is recruiting for a Reward Manager to take responsibility for all aspects of reward strategy as well as managing payroll and benefits. This is a newly-created position, with dual reporting lines into the Financial Controller and the HR Director.
Managing a small team, your key duties will include:
• Developing a reward strategy that ensures the RFU is able to attract, engage and retain all levels of employee; from the professional players and referees, head office and functional teams, to the casual staff who are essential to match days
• Designing incentive schemes and bonus plans that enable the delivery of business goals and objectives; whilst managing benefits arrangements, liaising with providers and considering the implementation of a flexible benefit package
• Ensuring people are paid effectively and on time; that the business utilises external salary bench marking, and that role evaluation and job grading has robust, meaningful intelligence behind it
• Assessing the effectiveness of policies and processes and proactively recommending and implementing new and innovative approaches and solutions, performing regular, thorough and deep technical analysis on the effectiveness and competitiveness of existing reward programmes.
Our ideal candidate will bring:
• Credible and relevant previous experience as a Reward Manager, establishing competitive solutions that position the company as an Employer of Choice, enabling the attraction of the best possible talent
• Previous experience managing payroll; experienced at the annual pay and bonus cycles as well as liaison with external authorities as appropriate
• Graduate intellect with a professional or business qualification, experienced at leading and developing a team, and able to communicate with the most senior Executives within an organisation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Sophie Flores, Senior Human Resources Partner, via e-mail to email@example.com The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the Careers and Vacancies section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Friday, November 23, 2012
23 November 2012
23 November 2012