Competitive plus benefits
Based in the HR department, reporting to the Senior Learning & Development Partner, we have an opportunity for a passionate and proactive Learning & Development Partner to be responsible for providing high quality and timely operational support for employees and managers within the business, advising on all aspects of learning and development (L&D).
They will also be responsible for managing the coordination of all RFU employee learning and people development processes and systems– such as annual personal development reviews (PDRs). Occasional training delivery may be required initially, with more possible in the future.
There is a strong preference for the role to be based at Twickenham However, for an exceptional candidate the location could be flexible with specific days per week based at Twickenham.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the coordination of all RFU employee learning and people development processes and systems – such as annual personal development reviews (PDRs)
- Develop, deploy and manage/evolve a simple and effective Online PDR process using existing HR systems by working closely with wider HR team/organisation. This will include objectives, performance reviews and learning plans. Proactively report this data to leaders and to HR to further enhance the organisation/system
- Assist with producing and delivering key L&D programmes within training budget
- Evaluate all formal learning/training events and implement continuous improvements. Proactively produce reports to support and evidence this using Kirkpatrick methodology
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive training records while continuously improving the training database to ensure its effective use
- Proactively work effectively with other internal RFU education teams such as the Training Workforce Team to share models, best practices and potentially resources to ensure employee experience is optimal and efficient
The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent organisational skills and be able to use technology to simplify and reduce administrative tasks. They will be able to communicate effectively with employees from all parts of the company, and be able to present a highly professional image, and command the respect of others. They will be “customer service” driven, with an orientation towards serving the needs of others whilst being aware of the need to drive a self-service, manager-led development culture.
The candidate will have significant experience in developing others and previous line/people management experience is beneficial. Having credible experience in a people development coordination and advisory role and also experience coordinating the training cycle and communicating development strategies effectively, including identifying and analysing training needs, developing solutions, writing training plans, sourcing suppliers, designing and delivering learning events, evaluating training is essential for the role. In addition, experience of implementing e-learning solutions and a good knowledge of HR processes and practices would be advantageous.
Candidates will be educated to degree level, preferably with a relevant post-graduate vocational/professional qualification (e.g. Diploma in Training Management or Certificate in Training Practice, NLP practitioner). The candidate being an active member of the CIPD is also desirable.
Visit our eRecruitment portal to apply for this position.
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. The information you provide as part of the application process will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Friday, August 23, 2013.
23 August 2013
23 August 2013