Competitive plus benefits
The RFU Injured Players Foundation looks after around 140 rugby players who have suffered spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries resulting in some degree of permanent paralysis. We are seeking an experienced healthcare professional (physiotherapist or occupational therapist) with experience in spinal cord and/or acquired brain injury case management to help us deliver our programmes in catastrophic injury case management and welfare support, lifelong client support and grants, and external client support partnerships.
They will also be responsible for managing the supplier agreements and relationships for the provision of services for specified areas of responsibility. Ensuring expenditure of the department is within approved budget levels and personal authorisation limits as well as complying with all RFU/Charity policies and procedures.
You will join our small team based at Twickenham reporting into the Injured Players Foundation Director (IPFD).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Case management expertise and support to the Injured Player Welfare Officer (IPWO)
- Attending NHS and Local Authority Case Management meetings, and contributing to internal client assessments
- Line management of the Injured Player Welfare Officer (IPWO) and volunteer welfare visitors who provide a national support network to new and existing clients
- Managing external relationships with NHS Spinal and Brain Injuries Centres
- Managing contracts with specialist rehabilitation providers, vehicle and wheelchair suppliers, and disability aids suppliers, to deliver the client support programmes
- Development and implementation of quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation systems for IPF client support programmes and external partner delivery
- Secure external funding opportunities and partnerships to enable the delivery of the above programmes
- Manage the client support programme budget
The successful applicant will be a team player with a confident manner and a professional, flexible and positive approach to their work. They will be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills. They will also have the ability to manage projects and programmes through committee structures.
The candidate will have proven experience in spinal cord and/or acquired brain injury case management. They will have a background in the health care or social services sectors and have knowledge on health care clinical governance and quality assurance. Experience with commercial contract management and line management is also a requirement.
Candidates will be educated to degree level, preferably with a relevant qualification in an allied health care speciality or social work. The candidate will be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and have a full current driver's licence.
Visit our eRecruitment portal to apply for this position.
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. The information you provide as part of the application process will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Friday, August 23, 2013.
23 August 2013
23 August 2013