Competitive plus benefits
Based in the IT department, reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, we have an opportunity for a proactive service desk/1st line support analyst to be responsible for responding to, logging and resolving incidents relating to the IT systems in use at the RFU.
The role holder will also be responsible for administering, maintaining and reporting on the IT Service Desk call logging system and will have the opportunity to be involved in wider IT Service Delivery Team projects.
The role will be based at the RFU headquarters within Twickenham Stadium.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of problems through to resolution
- Use and management of RFU’s structured Service Desk software
- Escalating support issues to the appropriate team members
- Carrying out daily IT admin tasks
- Producing reports for the Service Delivery Manager
- Preparing and delivering new equipment
- Evaluation of new software and hardware
- Documenting support and installation procedures
- Acting as an ambassador for, and promoting the best interests of the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU core values
The successful applicant will be “customer service” driven, with excellent communication skills. They must demonstrate a thorough approach to work even with a heavy workload. The ability to respond well within a team and to individual work is essential and the successful applicant will also be able to manage their time effectively.
The candidate will have previous customer support/service desk experience, preferably in an IT environment. Experience of the following programmes would be advantageous: Windows 7, Windows Active Directory, Email system administration, MS Office, MS Sharepoint, web-based applications, remote support tools, PC/server hardware. IT-related vocational qualifications will be of value.
Visit our eRecruitment portal to apply for this position.
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. The information you provide as part of the application process will be used for monitoring purposes only.
Closing date for applications is Monday, September 2, 2013.
02 September 2013
02 September 2013