c.£35,000 per annum with car
The Rugby Football Union has a new full time permanent vacancy for a Volunteer Engagement Officer within the Club Development department. The Volunteer Engagement Officer will create and implement solutions to strengthen the “off-field” volunteer workforce in clubs at level 3 and below. They will play a key role in providing topical guidance and support to clubs on all volunteering matters. The role holder will lead key volunteering programmes and proactively seek innovative opportunities to engage partners and staff in volunteering at rugby clubs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the evolution of the volunteer development strategy to broaden recruitment, improve retention and develop new and innovative rewards and recognition of volunteers, focusing in particular on ensuring the clubs are prepared for RWC 2015
- Based on stakeholder feedback, develop innovative solutions, products and guidance to support clubs to make volunteering in rugby fun, effective and efficient, thereby retaining more volunteers
- Develop innovative training, support and guidance for the field staff in matters of club volunteering, retention and recruitment
- Collaboratively support a regional network of staff and volunteers through which guidance and support can be routed to clubs
- Transfer knowledge and best practice from bodies such as Volunteer England, Sport England, SSP for Volunteering and other agencies to improve club volunteering
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate recent and relevant experience in:
- developing and implementing volunteering strategies at local or regional levels
- delivering training to staff and volunteers
- “off-field” club development and volunteering
You will also have a practical understanding of the local sporting landscape in England, with demonstrable experience of sport development and support provision.
The successful applicant will be educated to a minimum A’level standard and hold a current driving licence with no more than 6 points.
You will be highly self-motivated and able to work under your own direction to achieve stated objectives within the necessary timescales. You must also demonstrate strong organisational skills, high attention to detail and experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships internally and externally, with the ability to influence upwards and with peers.
This role is based from home and will involve UK travel
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Hannah Binns, Human Resources Partner, at email@example.com. The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the Careers and Vacancies section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, February 5, 2013.
05 February 2013
05 February 2013