£18,500 plus benefits and company car
Following a reallocation of resources within the Community Rugby Coach team, we now have a full time permanent vacancy in Central Yorkshire. Community Rugby Coaches (CRCs) will be focused on supporting our member clubs to increase the number of players, particularly in the 14-24 age group. This will involve targeted coaching contributing to the growth of the in schools, colleges, universities and other community settings and supporting their transition into clubs. You will have a strong focus on increasing participation in the 15-a-side game although you will have involvement in Sevens and Touch.
The CRC will also play an active role in supporting teachers and others in increasing their knowledge of, and confidence to deliver, the game. Building strong relationships with local rugby clubs you will help to strengthen their capacity and performance through the delivery of high-quality coaching with targeted groups of players, through the provision of mentoring/support to voluntary club coaches and by identifying and training potential coaches.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of high-quality coaching to groups, and in environments, as directed by the Rugby Development Officer
- Working with Club Coaching Coordinators (CCCs) in identified clubs to support the development of existing coaches and the identification/training of new coaches
- Mentoring and support of existing coaches in clubs, especially those newly qualified, improving their knowledge and confidence
- Support teachers, lecturers and other adults in schools, colleges and universities to introduce the game to students and to improve the quality of provision
- Support the transition of young people from the education environment to the club environment through development and delivery of creative initiatives
- Provision of specialist clinics/coaching courses with players/coaches utilising personal specialism/experience – e.g. front row work, kicking coaching
To succeed in this role, you must have experience of coaching Rugby Union to young people and adults in a range of environments, in line with the RFU Coach Development model and experience of supporting and mentoring other coaches. You will also be committed and able to work regular weekend and evening hours to meet the needs of clubs, schools, colleges and universities.
You must also hold a minimum of RFU level 2 coaching qualification, with an ELRA and first aid qualification as desirable. You will also be able to communicate effectively and to present a highly professional image when representing the RFU; establish positive working relationships with voluntary and professional staff in clubs, schools, colleges and universities and balance a determined application of the role with a sense of fun and enjoyment.
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV clearly marked as CRC Central Yorkshire, to the Recruitment Team, Human Resources Department, Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or e-mail it to email@example.com. The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the Careers and Vacancies section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Friday December 7, 2012; interviews will be held on Sunday December 16.
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post.
07 December 2012
07 December 2012