The England U16 programme is seeking to appoint an Honorary Team Manager for the South West Divisional Delivery Team.
The Team Manager will work with the South West U16 Divisional Delivery Team, comprising of coaching staff (x3), Chairman of Player Assessment and medical staff.
The Team Manager will support the delivery of the Divisional selection and player development programme.
The applicant should be generally respected as a person of authority within the game, preferably with a background in Constituent Body rugby. They will demonstrate the organisational and management skills appropriate with such a position.
Applications in writing together with a Rugby CV should be sent to Penny Craig, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your experience, qualifications and suitability for this role.
Closing date for applications is July 20, 2014.
Interviews will be held approximately 2-3 weeks from this date.
For further information, and an informal discussion please contact:
Alan Hubbleday, Player Development Officer:
AlanHubbleday@RFU.com or 07764 960374
HONORARY U16 DIVISIONAL DELIVERY TEAM MANAGER
Reports to: Professional Player Development Manger and Chairman of the England U16 National Delivery Team
Key relationships: Divisional Delivery Team, RFU employees, CB U16s representatives and
Chairman, Divisional Player Development Forum, RFU Player Development Officer
Nature and scope of job:
Support the relevant U16s Divisional Delivery Team, comprising of coaching staff, Chairman of Player Assessment and medical staff.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England U16s are achieved at Divisional level by providing a development programme for players, managers, coaches and assessors
- Support and assist the relevant U16s Divisional Delivery Team in accordance with its Terms of Reference that guides national, divisional & CB U16s representative rugby provision
- Support the delivery of the Divisional selection process
- Support the U16s Divisional Delivery Team and playing programme including match preparation, travel, accommodation and logistics, playing facilities and equipment, medical support, insurance and media liaison
- Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union and act within accordance of the Core Values of the sport
- Attend the meetings of the Divisional Player Development Forum to assist with the development & delivery of the England U16s programme within the Division and tracking of players
- Attend the meetings of the National Delivery Team
- Facilitate an annual review of the programme and appraisal of staff, providing a report to the Chairman of the National Delivery Team
Knowledge, skills and qualities:
- Self-motivated, committed, enthusiastic to player development and rugby union
- Is able to oversee and support a team of people and create a positive working environment for players, management and volunteers
- Punctual, reliable and personally well organised
- Ability to communicate with a range of people
- Management experience of rugby teams at county or divisional levels
- Commitment to the RFU’s player development programme (pathway)
- Sets high standards of personal accountability and responsibility for the players and management team
The post holder is accountable to the Chairman of the National Delivery Team for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above. The post holder may delegate to the management team, as necessary, any task whilst retaining accountability and responsibility.
The term for the position is three years subject to annual review.
20 July 2014
20 July 2014