The Rugby Football Union is looking for a Fitness Coach to support the physical development of England Sevens players, through the development and implementation of fitness and conditioning training support programmes.
This essential role will be responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating and monitoring individual fitness programmes for identified England Sevens players.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- To act as the England Sevens team conditioning coach during the IRB Sevens World Series, FIRA tournaments, IRB 7s World Cups, Commonwealth Games, invitational tournaments and any other competitions and training camps as required
- Participate fully in all interdisciplinary work with other England sports science and medicine resources as required for the development and/or rehabilitation of individual players
- To work with the Head of Athletic Performance and other England fitness and medical resources to further develop best practice for fitness development, testing and recovery
- Build and develop excellent relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Build and develop effective relationships with other sports and governing bodies that will assist with continual development of the England Sevens team fitness programme
- Plan and work within agreed budgets as agreed with the General Manager
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of, the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values
Applicants must have experience of planning, implementing, coordinating and monitoring individual fitness programmes to a high performance level.
Knowledge of sevens rugby and international sporting landscape is essential.
The successful candidate will have proven technical capability to a UKSCA or ‘similar’ formal or applied professional standard. They must be comfortable using player monitoring systems such as GPS and heart rate and be capable of processing performance data for use by the coach and the performance team. The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of high professional standards combined with passion, confidence and a proven track record of fitness coaching.
To apply for this post, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is September 4, 2013 and candidates must be available for first interviews on September 25, 2013.
If you have any queries regarding this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post.
04 September 2013
04 September 2013