Competitive plus benefits
Handle Recruitment has partnered with the Rugby Football Union to find a Stadium Technical Manager to manage and inspire the Technical Engineering team to deliver Twickenham Stadium’s planned and reactive maintenance strategy; and provide a level of technical knowledge and ability that will allow all Hard Facilities and Building Services to be operated and maintained to optimum levels at all times.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities, key features of the role will include:
- Providing strong management and support to six direct reports and sub-contractors, ensuring they are led, managed, motivated and trained to carry out their duties at all times in a safe environment
- Devising a clear asset management register and developing and delivering the Pre-Planned Maintenance schedule using the Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system as the primary platform
- Ensuring plant equipment and systems are supported at each event and being the escalation point for the engineering team and on-call contractors
- Taking ownership of the management of other systems employed and used within the Technical and Facilities department
- Contributing to a multimillion-pound engineering programme in preparation for the Rugby World Cup 2015
- Supporting the sustainability manager on energy reduction and the health and safety management on public and staff safety initiatives
- Ensuring the successful delivery of numerous events held at the stadium
- Managing event engineers to ensure all life safety and engineering systems are available during events
- Challenging the status quo and improving standards throughout the facilities function through enthusiasm, management and planning
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of managing a technical team within a multi-function site or similar facility
- In-depth technical knowledge and ability in M&E engineering functions and a willingness to still be hands on
- Good systems knowledge with experience of using the CAFM Software System Concept, ideally
- An engineering qualification and/or a relevant building trade/facility maintenance qualification
- Ability to work with stakeholders and manage contractors in the delivery of engineering services
This is a highly visible and impactful role within this iconic venue. Your activities will contribute to the success of international events and your role will be dynamic and challenging.
To apply for the role, please send your cover letter and CV FAO Alice Scott at email@example.com
Any queries, please contact Alice Scott on 020 7569 9922.
09 September 2013
09 September 2013