Competitive salary and benefits package
The Digital team within the Rugby Football Union (RFU) has responsibility for the strategic development and use of new and existing digital channels and platforms to deliver the maximum impact on revenues, cost levels and communication effectiveness to our multiplicity of customers and members.
We are seeking a Digital Editorial Assistant to be responsible for supporting content management processes and content delivery for online media to bring RFU digital media and communication strategies and policies into operation.
- Editing and development of RFU digital content
- Delivery of content aspects of digital projects to time and quality benchmarks, with particular emphasis on refining and improving inputs from RFU content authors and owners
- Delivery of formal and ad-hoc training and support to RFU staff in web content management systems and procedures, online publishing tools, information architectures, metadata, and writing for the web
- Other work as required to ensure the effectiveness of the RFU’s small digital team
- Will have experience in web content management and content development
- Will have experience in proof reading and sub editing
- Will have excellent writing and editing skills and demonstrated experience of successfully applying these in an online environment
- Will have an understanding of the major web technologies and trends
- Should be educated to degree level standard or above or have an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- Candidates should possess an NCTJ journalism qualification or equivalent experience
- Will preferably already have an interest in sport including rugby union and an awareness of the structure and operation of the game in England
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations, to Helen Godliman, Senior HR Partner, Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
For further information, please contact Nick Shaw, Head of Digital.
14 September 2012
14 September 2012