Competitive plus benefits
Based in the IT department, reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, we have an opportunity for a proactive Service Desk/1st Line Support Analyst to be responsible for responding to, logging and resolving incidents relating to the IT systems in use at the RFU.
The role holder will also be responsible for administering, maintaining and reporting on the IT Service Desk call logging system and will have the opportunity to be involved in wider IT Service Delivery Team projects.
The role will be based at the RFU headquarters within Twickenham Stadium.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Logging, assigning and resolving problems encountered by users and working to the RFU’s SLAs
- Use and management of RFU’s structured Service Desk software
- Escalating Support issues to the appropriate team members
- Providing regular communication to users regarding incident status
- Carrying out daily IT admin tasks
- Producing reports for the Service Delivery Manager
- Preparing and delivering new equipment
- Evaluating of new software and hardware
- Documenting support and installation procedures
The successful applicant will be “customer service” driven, with excellent communication skills. They must demonstrate a thorough approach to work even with a heavy workload. The ability to respond well within a team and to individual work is essential and the successful applicant will also be able to manage their time effectively.
The candidate will have proven previous customer support/service desk experience, preferably in an IT environment. Experience of the following will be advantageous:
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows XP/Windows 7
- Web-based applications
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Terminal emulation and other Remote Support tools
- PC/Server hardware
- IT-related vocational qualifications will be of value
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday, June 27, 2014.
27 June 2014
27 June 2014