The Accounts Assistant will report to the Head of Finance, working in a small team. The Accounts Assistant will play a key role in ensuring the effective operation of the accounts systems and providing accurate financial reconciliations and reports to inform senior management.
Daily responsibilities include:
- processing all purchase ledger invoices, ensuring that Purchase Order authority levels are being adhered to
- posting and allocating cashbook transactions
- dealing with queries regarding the payment of invoices and expense claims
Weekly responsibilities include:
- producing creditor/debtor reports
- preparing payment runs along with relevant paperwork ready for signature
- sending remittance advices to suppliers
- printing and distributing invoice registers
- processing and checking expenses
Month-end responsibilities include:
- reconciling supplier statements
- reconciling bank statements
- producing accruals and prepayments schedules
- posting journals
- preparing information for management
Other ad hoc work as required.
The successful candidate will have experience of processing payables ledger and expense transactions and proven experience of working with Microsoft Dynamic GP or equivalent is preferred. They should have a track record of building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to build working relationships with other departments and to communicate effectively. An AAT qualification is preferred, but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations, to email@example.com
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We do not sponsor any applicants under the tier 2 visa programme and are therefore unable to accept applications from any candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is Friday, November 8, 2013.
08 November 2013
08 November 2013