The Press Operations Manager will take responsibility for leading the operational planning of press and photographic spaces in each of the 13 stadia, including planning layouts as well as furniture, fittings and technology requirements. The role will also be responsible for overseeing the production of all press operations policies and procedures, and the recruitment and training of tournament time press operations paid staff and volunteers.
- To lead the operational planning of press and photographic spaces in each of the 13 stadia, in the following spaces: venue media centre, photographers’ workspace and photo positions; media conference rooms and mixed zones; Media tribunes; Press staff offices including Rugby News Service
- Oversee the production of all press operations policies and procedures, and the recruitment and training of tournament time press operations paid staff and volunteers
- Liaison with various functional areas including overlay, catering, technology, security, accreditation, in order to provide the services levels required for the 2015 press operation
- Plan post-match media conferences translation operation
- Provide assistance to the Head of Press Operations, where needed, to organise the Media Operational Briefing in 2014 and write quarterly press operations newsletters
- Planning of media pathways at each venue, including signage requirements
The successful candidate will have significant experience in Press Operations and management experience in at least one major sports event. Experience of working with the international media and solid experience of producing press operations policies and procedures in a sporting environment is required. To be successful in this role the successful candidate will need to have experience of managing large-scale projects, including the recruitment and training of staff and volunteers.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We do not sponsor any applicants under the tier 2 visa programme and are therefore unable to accept applications from any candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, November 7, 2013.
07 November 2013
07 November 2013