The role of the ER2015 Procurement Analyst will be to support the Procurement Manager across the wider Procurement programme, as well as having responsibility for running the full tender process across many of their own opportunities. The role is required to provide comprehensive support across pricing analysis, balanced scorecards and preparation of bid response templates, and is expected to quickly progress to own their own procurements across multiple categories (including, for example, Event Operations, Rugby Services, and Tournament Services).
- Work with ER2015’s Functional Areas to create tender documentation which is comprehensive, transparent, and designed to deliver best value and achieve ER2015’s objectives
- Conduct pricing analysis across some of ER2015’s largest and most complex opportunities, ensuring that all recommendations are underpinned by solid financial comparisons
- Ensure that goods and services meet quality, cost and delivery requirements, together with a focus on ER2015’s sustainability and legacy requirements. Ensure procurement is achieved against robust output-focused statements of work and specifications
- Lead the procurement activity (plan, source, select, management and delivery) for a number of goods and services categories
- Lead in the negotiation and implementation of agreements working closely with the legal team and the appropriate ER2015 department
- Meet each ER2015 department’s requirements by demonstrating best value for money and promoting an integrated and collaborative approach to procurement. This will be whilst maintaining the rules of fair competition
- Ensure that suitable contracts are negotiated and placed with suppliers, which minimise risk and protect the commercial interests of the organisation
- Obtain comprehensive data on products and suppliers to ensure potential providers meet with all technical requirements
- Prepare and manage Non-Disclosure Agreements for all tendering parties in conjunction with the legal team
- Undertake supplier discovery exercises to understand markets and identify potential tenderers for opportunities
The successful candidate will have significant experience of operating as part of or embedded with Procurement teams in a large, complex, project-led environment and proven experience of handling large data sets and dealing with a constantly changing set of requirements, to identify and understand critical issues. They should have a good understanding of the workings of a requisition-to-pay system from both a raiser and approver perspective and will be able to demonstrate project management expertise and excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We do not sponsor any applicants under the tier 2 visa programme and are therefore unable to accept applications from any candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
22 October 2013
22 October 2013