The England Rugby 2015 Event Managers are ultimately responsible for coordinating the activities of all operational Functional Areas on a single tournament venue or multiple tournament venues. The key focus of the ER2015 Event Manager is to develop and lead a cross-functional team incorporating full-time employees of ER2015, existing venue staff, contractors, volunteers and external delivery partners and to put in place effective planning processes so as to ensure safe and effective management of the venue at tournament time.
The Event Manager will work closely with the other ER2015 operational areas – Tournament Services, Rugby Services, City Delivery and Technology to ensure a cohesive and integrated plan is established that will meet the needs of all client groups, the primary measure of success being the quality of the delivery of the match events during the tournament.
- Lead the venue planning process, ensuring that all requirements of the Rugby World Cup are captured and integrated into the planning process, taking into account all the requirements of all Functional Areas
- The ER2015 Event Manager will be the senior management representative at their allocated venue/s
- Provide clear and decisive leadership, direction and management of the Venue Team in accordance with pre-agreed venue operating principles, in accordance with the terms of the Venue Hire Agreement and with regard to the plans and resources of individual Functional Area Operating Plans
- Ensure effective and timely resolution of all match day venue-specific issues and cross-functional issues that directly affect the operation of the venue and escalate issues that require tournament-wide communication and/or Main Operations Centre (MOC) resolution
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the venue operations team and safety officer, acting as the senior point of contact for ER2015 along with the incumbent venue senior operational team for the Emergency Services during both planning and operational phases
- Ensure the functional area budgets under your responsibility are managed effectively for the venue and in line with agreed operating plans for the venue
- Provide recommendations and advice on event delivery, identifying and highlighting major risks and proposing mitigation measures.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation, policies, procedures & contingency plans required for the planning, readiness & operational phases are produced on time and to the required standard
- Work with RWCL to ensure that Rugby World Cup partners’ requirements are delivered at the official RWC2015 venue/s
- Coordination of all statutory requirements including licensing, Health & Safety, fire & life safety and public medical requirements
The successful candidate will have proven experience and a track record of success as a leader within large scale event management and operational delivery environments, with major event experience and an insight into operational installations and set-up. They should have experience of working with a multiple, diverse range of stakeholders and proven success at building excellent working relationships and managing interfaces between them at a senior level. A working knowledge of the international rugby environment, proven communication skills and the ability to deliver quality reports, whilst working with a high level of corporate and public scrutiny are also crucial to the success of this role.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations to email@example.com
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We do not sponsor any applicants under the tier 2 visa programme and are therefore unable to accept applications from any candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is Friday, July 5, 2013.
05 July 2013
05 July 2013