The Protocol Manager is primarily responsible for the effective planning and delivery of the Official IRB VIP guest programme across the Tournament including the 13 RWC venues. In addition the role will have responsibility for ensuring VVIPs invited by the government or through other stakeholders are effectively managed in order that they have an appropriate Rugby World Cup experience.
The Protocol Manager will take responsibility for liaison with the IRB and RWCL to define the nature of the VIP programme, the guest list, the experience that will be provided and the level of service to be expected. The role will have a number of VIP coordinators reporting into it, structured to provide geographical and/or match coverage for the VIP and Protocol function.
- Manage the planning, development and execution of the VIP and Protocol programme and plan in conjunction with key stakeholders – IRB, RWCL, ER2015 Exec, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Development and management of the VIP and Protocol budget – identifying appropriate value for money, appropriate allocation of costs to partner organisations (RWCL/IRB)
- Recruit, induct, train, lead and develop the VIP and Protocol workforce team, paid staff and volunteers, in order to successfully deliver the VIP programme across the Tournament footprint. Manage the resource allocation and ultimate downsizing of the function as the Tournament progresses
- Preparation and management of the guest list in consultation with IRB, RWCL and ER 2015, including the issuing of official invites
- Identify VIP lounge spaces at Match Venues and facilitate the appropriate standard of Look and Feel with IMG and RWCL. Ensure full integration of VIP requirements in all venue operational planning
- Liaise closely with Transport, Accommodation, Catering and Event Operations to ensure the standard and quality of service is provided commensurate with the aspirations of the IRB, RWCL and ER2015
The successful candidate will have experience in managing the planning and delivery of a VIP and Protocol programme in a major event and an excellent track record in the management of personal itineraries and attention to detail for the benefit of the “individual” client and “client” experience. They should have proven success at building excellent working relationships and engagement with other departments and experience of working with multiple stakeholder and project managing interfaces between them at a senior level. A working knowledge of the international rugby environment and language skills (French & Spanish) would be desired.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations to email@example.com
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We do not sponsor any applicants under the tier 2 visa programme and are therefore unable to accept applications from any candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
25 July 2013
25 July 2013