Blackheath Junior Rugby Club is an integral part of Blackheath FC, playing in RFU National Division 1. Our Juniors section is a highly successful part of the club, with a clear focus on player and coach development supported by the Senior team coaches, and youth-to-senior player transition through our Pathway Academy.
We are currently in the process of recruiting for the position of next season's U14s Head Coach to start in the summer at the beginning of the 2013-14 season. The successful candidate will be qualified (or working towards) Level 2, and will have kept up to date with coaching professional development. We are looking for someone who has the coaching ability to inspire players in the group and take it to the next level. We will support the development of any successful candidate as keenly as they support us.
The post is non-salaried, however negotiation with the successful candidate on the payment of out-of-pocket expenses and coaching fees will be included as part of the package. The position will suit both experienced coaches, as well as someone who is looking to further their career/interests in coaching rugby to young people in a thriving and successful club. We are based in Blackheath/Eltham, South East London.
Requirements of the post:
- To lead and deliver an effective coaching strategy to ensure enhanced youth player development in keeping with the ethos of the club and that of the RFU
- Availability to attend training sessions and games, held on Sunday mornings and most Wednesday evenings in season, plus pre season training dates as agreed
- Work with Senior team coaches and age group assistant coaches to develop and deliver coaching strategy and best practice
- Ability to demonstrate to a high level, enthusiasm, drive and commitment to youth player development, and a willingness to teach players at all skill levels
- First-rate communication skills for young players and adults alike
- Current CRB check
Applications should be made by CV detailing rugby coaching experience and the qualities you would bring to the role to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is April 30, 2013.
30 April 2013
30 April 2013