We are seeking to appoint an Honorary Team Leader to lead a Divisional Match Official Operations and Deployment Team within the South East of England.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Divisional Match Official Deployment and Operations Team on the appropriate appointments of suitable skilled and effective match officials and match official developers within agreed operational and budgetary guidelines
- Ensure match officials performances and progress are monitored through agreed match observation & Club feedback protocols and that a seamless pathway for match officials exists between federation to the Divisional Match Official Team
- Assist in the identification and development of appropriate officials into an Assistant Referee pathway through to the National Match Official Team
- Coordinate the appointment and deployment of suitable individuals to a team of divisional selectors who will provide reports and information to assist with the periodic grading/promotion and demotion of match officials from the Divisional Team
- Work closely with referee societies/federations/divisional development squads & academies and RFU Trainer/Educator workforce to identify talented match officials for National League 3 rugby
- Actively collaborate with the Area Training Manager and National Match Official Team Managers to determine a programme of training and development that best meets the needs of the divisional match official team
- Represent the Division by attending National Deployment & Operations Management/Planning meetings
Applicants should demonstrate commitment to and have an affinity with the sphere of Match Official deployment, operations and development at divisional rugby union level.
They should have an ability to communicate with a wide range of people and to create a positive working environment for volunteers.
This role is voluntary but some expenses may be reimbursed. The term for the honorary position is two years subject to annual review.
Click here for a full role description.
For further information on the role please contact Mikel Mellick (National Match Official Panel Development Manager) on 07921 283 209 or email@example.com.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, July 17, with interviews expected to be held on Friday, July 19.
17 July 2013
17 July 2013