The London & SE U16 Divisional Delivery Team is seeking to appoint a Chairman of Player Assessment to support the Division in identifying a divisional squad by ensuring that a uniform player assessment & grading system is in place for inter-CB matches.
The post-holder will ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England U16s programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment & selection system at Divisional and CB levels in accordance with RFU policies on player assessment & selection.
The post-holder will also be responsible for liaising with Divisional personnel to ensure that all inter-CB matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised player assessors who will monitor the assessment process.
Applicants should demonstrate significant experience of coaching & selecting U16 players at Academy and or CB & Divisional levels and hold a minimum of a RFU/UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent and RFU selector accreditation.
Applications in writing together with a Rugby CV should be sent to Penny Craig, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, Whitton, Twickenham, TW2 7BA, or by email to email@example.com stating your experience, qualifications and suitability for this role.
Closing date for applications is Friday, October 4, 2013. Interviews will be held approximately 2-3 weeks from this date.
For further information, please contact Steve Avery (Team Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org or 07745 750220.
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, if applying by CV, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the careers section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Reports to: Honorary Team Manager, London & SE U16s Delivery Team and Professional Player Development Manager (Talent Pathway).
Key relationships: London & SE U16s Management Team & Coaches; RFU employees; CB U16s Managers and Coaches.
Nature and scope of job:
The post-holder will support the Team Manager and National Delivery Team by ensuring that a uniform assessment and grading system is in place for inter-county matches, which meets the objectives of the RFU Player Development Sub-Committee and the National Delivery Team.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England U16s team programme is achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment and selection system at divisional and CB levels
- Work in conjunction with the Coaching Team and Team Manager to facilitate the assessment and selection of players in an objective manner
- Work with the head coach in finalising the training and final squad (if there is dispute over selection it is the head coach who has the final say)
- Liaise with the Professional Player Development Manager (Talent Pathway) to ensure the integration of the National Academy U15 and U16 programme into the assessment and selection process for the Divisional U16 programme
- Liaise with Divisional personnel to ensure that all inter-county matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors who will monitor the grading process
- Attend U15 and U16 Academy events and the divisional squad up to the festival at Broadstreet
- The post holder will be invited to the Wellington Festival as guests of the EFSRU
- Support the Team Manager in maintaining an up-to-date player database (Elite Hub)
- Liaise with National Academy & CB selectors and coaches where appropriate
- Mentor and advise player assessors where appropriate
- Ensure that the management team and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union, and uphold the core values of the game and adhere to the code of conduct
Knowledge, skills and qualities:
- Hold a minimum of a RFU/UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification, its recognised equivalent or demonstrates extensive experience at this level
- Has significant experience of coaching & selecting U16 year-old players at CB & Divisional levels
- Has attended the RFU Selection & Accreditation Course and has completed or is working towards Selector Accreditation
- Has a sound understanding of talent identification, development and selection systems
- High levels of observation and analysis skills
- Demonstrates a track record of personal development especially linked to player development, talent identification and selection
- Is able to lead and manage people
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players
- Is able to work effectively with other members of the U16s National & Divisional Delivery Teams
The post-holder is accountable to the Chairman of the England U16 Playing Committee and the Professional Player Development Manager (Talent Pathway) for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above. Travel expenses will be paid.
The term for the position is three years subject to annual review.
04 October 2013
04 October 2013