Harlequins are ranked among the best rugby clubs in this country and Europe.
Success on the pitch demands even more success off the pitch so the club is strengthening its match day staff.
The club wishes to appoint SIA to play a key role in developing Harlequins’ reputation among match day supporters.
Job title: SIA
Company: Harlequin FC
Reporting to: Chief Steward
Role purpose: To be responsible for the security on match days and work with the Stadium team to ensure a safe environment.
- Searching the stadium to ensure it is fit and safe for the event
- Patrolling the stadium during any events to ensure a safe environment is maintained
- Writing up any incidents into reports for the club's records
- Welcoming supporters in and around the ground to help provide a great customer experience
- Controlling all potential volatile situations in a calm and controlled manner
- Attend site when required as requested by the club
- Enable all activities and events at the Stadium to take place in a safe and secure manner
- Recognise any unsafe crowd conditions, particularly overcrowding, and take appropriate action in accordance with established procedures
- Provide basic emergency first aid as required
- Comply with club regulations and procedures
- Support and practice the club’s behaviours
- Follow the club’s safety policy
Skills and knowledge:
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to be a team player
- Highly organised
- High self-motivation
- Real “can do” attitude
- Outgoing and passionate about providing excellent services and products to our customers
- A strong team player and collaborative working style
- Customer focus – commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service
- Interpersonal sensitivity – interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others
- Quality orientation – shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met
- Planning and organising – organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans
- Analytical and problem solving – uses analysis, wisdom, experience, and logical methods to solve difficult problems; incorporates multiple inputs to establish shared ownership and action
- Teamwork – interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others
- Results orientation – focuses on desired results and sets and achieves challenging goals
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harlequins is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Only applicants to be invited for interview will be contacted. No CVs from agencies please.
18 October 2013
18 October 2013