£75 per 5-hour session
Harlequins are ranked among the best rugby clubs in this country and Europe.
Success on the pitch demands even more success off the pitch so the club is strengthening its match day staff.
The club wishes to appoint Steward Supervisors to play a key role in developing Harlequins’ reputation among match day supporters.
Your role as a steward supervisor will be to help deliver a safe and exciting match day experience to Harlequins supporters. You will be the customer facing side of match day and as such, play a key role within the club. Match day duties include crowd management, supervision of staff and wherever possible the first point of contact for all supporters. You will represent the club to the wider community and therefore respect and courtesy must be maintained at all times. 5+ hour shifts on match days starting two hours before the game. You will be trained on our customer service policies. Uniform is provided.
Title: Steward supervisor
- The Steward’s role is to ensure the safety and comfort of the public and assist in the running of a successful match day.
- To assist in crowd management. This includes liaising with Control to ensure a safe environment is maintained to minimise any injury
- Prevent unauthorised access to the site by public, and to restricted areas by guests
- If necessary to provide assistance and support to the emergency services in the event of a major incident
- Be active in ensuring the health and wellbeing of all guests
- To report any anti-social behaviour, illegal activity or perceived dangers to the line manager
- Ensure the club provides an excellent customer experience to all supporters
- To lead and manage all match day stewards to follow safety procedures.
- To handle any match day enquiries
- NVQ Level 3 in Spectator Safety
- Approachable, friendly, personable candidates
- Willingness to engage with our loyal supporters
- Good work ethic and ability to lead/manage younger members of stewarding staff
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate about delivering the best customer service experience
- Real “can do” attitude
- Outgoing and passionate about providing excellent services to our supporters
- A strong team player and collaborative working style
- Ability to work within high pressured situations
- Customer focus – values importance of providing high-quality customer service
- Interpersonal sensitivity – interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others
- Quality orientation – shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met
- Initiative Taking – takes action to achieve goals beyond what is expected; drives to bring issues to a successful closure; self-starter
Please email your CV to email@example.com.
Harlequins is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Only applicants to be invited for interview will be contacted. No CVs from agencies please.
18 October 2013
18 October 2013