The Rugby Football Union (RFU) will host Rugby World Cup 2015 in England and has established ‘England Rugby 2015 Limited’ as a 100% subsidiary company to act as the organising entity for the Tournament. The company has its own Board of Directors, led by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
We are currently looking for a Transport and Logistics Manager to join our senior management team. Although they will ultimately be separate functions within Tournament Services, initially the appointment is to cover both functions. In the phases of the project, planning, mobilisation and delivery, the role will evolve and specialise functionally.
- To develop detailed Operation Plans across both areas
- To recruit, lead and develop the Transport and Logistic teams
- To develop and implement policies, processes and procedures
- To develop the transport operational infrastructure, including air travel, coach & car fleets
- To ensure appropriate local area traffic management plans are in place and local area parking plans are developed along with supporting mechanisms, such as a VAPPs programme, load zone management and itinerary management
- To build relationships and work with client groups
- To liaise with public transport services to ensure appropriate provision and undertakings for spectator transport are put in place
- Cultivate and manage stakeholder relationships
- Ensure all legalities are identified and managed
The successful candidate will be experienced in Transport and Logistics management in an event environment and be used to working to a high level of both corporate and public scrutiny. They should be skilled at leading teams to deliver immovable deadlines and managing budgets.
We are looking for an excellent negotiator, a good influencer and communicator who is approachable and friendly. They must be a decision maker and prepared to be accountable for their actions. Educated to a degree level would be preferred.
The role will commence as soon as possible and will last until at least November 2015.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations to email@example.com
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th April 2013.
19 April 2013
19 April 2013