Oaklands College Rugby Academy is looking to appoint a part-time physiotherapist to head up the medical provision for their first-team squad players. This Apprenticeship programme is in its seventh year of partnership with the Saracens Rugby Academy and is based at the Smallford Campus in St Albans.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Sole medical practitioner for a squad of 30 U18 players
- The assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of first XV team players
- Provide medical cover during rugby and gym training sessions as well as Wednesday match days (both home and away)
- Implementation of prehabilitation programmes and injury prevention protocols
- Management of a medical budget which encompasses the needs of all players within the rugby academy (around 100 players)
- Communication and collaboration with Oaklands Rugby Academy Manager, Saracens Head Academy Physio and Saracens U18 Player Development Manager
- Maintain professional standards, confidentiality, continued professional development and record keeping in line with HPC registration guidelines
The successful applicants will be required to hold a UK recognised physiotherapy qualification, be at least 12 months post graduation and ideally RFU ICIS qualified.
14 hours clinic/training cover per week plus game day (Weds) home and away.
Only term time: Mon 1-5; Tues 12-5; Wed - Varies; Fri – 8-1
Summer - Pre-season at Saracens from July 1, 2014.
Pay: £12,000 pa plus £500 CPD + Pitch Side Trauma Course.
Extras: Stash; inservice and shadowing opportunities with senior Saracens squad; chance to be involved with and contribute to Saracens Academy training nights.
How to apply:
Please forward a CV and covering letter to Nick Court (Head of Academy) firstname.lastname@example.org (using Oaklands Rugby Physio as the subject heading) by January 12, 2014.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held around January 17 in St Albans.
12 January 2014
12 January 2014