Warminster RFC are seeking to recruit a new Head Coach for its two senior teams for the forthcoming 2014/15 season.
Warminster RFC is a vibrant and traditional community club. It is run entirely by volunteers, which was a significant key to its success in fundraising for, and building, its first ever clubhouse at Folly Lane in 2009.
The club runs two senior teams. The 1st XV compete in the Dorset & Wilts South 1 league (Level 8) and the 2nd XV in the Dorset & Wilts North 3 league (Level 10). In addition to the seniors, the club has a successful Colts squad and a strong minis and juniors section of over 150 children from ages six to 16.
Warminster RFC is looking for a committed individual to fulfil the Head Coach role, who balances the need to win along with the development of players, a strong squad base and most importantly of all to the club…enjoyment.
The key responsibilities and requirements of the Head Coach are as follows.
- Rugby Union Coaching Award – UKCC Level 2 minimum or working towards
- Experience of leading, planning and delivering coaching sessions within a squad environment.
- Lead training sessions twice a week focusing on all players
- Lead (primarily, but not specifically) the 1st XV into games on Saturdays
- Sound understanding and knowledge of up-to-date coaching practices
- Be self-motivated in updating their knowledge and skills by regular attendance at relevant CPD events/courses
- Works effectively as part of a team and as an individual
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit to evenings and weekends as required to fulfil the role
- Desired DBS checked
If you are interested in this extremely rewarding role, please express your interest (including relevant experience) by email, post or telephone to;
Mr Glenn Marden
Chairman Warminster RFC
2 Portway Lane
Tel: 07745 014867
Closing date: June 30, 2014
30 June 2014
30 June 2014