Rugby Development Coach – Brazil
Premiership Rugby in partnership with the British Council and SESI has created an exciting new placement opportunity for voluntary Rugby Development Coaches to be based in Brazil.
Successful candidates will undergo a comprehensive training and mentoring programme prior to being deployed to Brazil in early September 2013. The programme, which is the first of its kind in South America, will support the development of rugby union and increase awareness of the sport in Brazil.
Rugby Sevens will be showcased as an Olympic sport for the first time during the 2016 Olympic Games and so the appetite to develop the sport within Brazil is significant. This will be a fantastic opportunity to travel and coach in a country rich in sporting culture for individuals keen to start a career in rugby development.
Premiership Rugby is now accepting expressions of interest for placements due to start in August 2013.
By utilising the power of rugby and the knowledge, infrastructure and expertise of each of the project partners, you will engage with children, young people and adults to deliver grassroots rugby, health, education and social outcomes whilst promoting the growth of rugby union through to and beyond Rio 2016.
- Support the social inclusion of young people and the development of their leadership skills through strengthening, promoting and playing rugby in Brazil
- Extend knowledge of the English language through contact between young British people and students from SESI-SP
- Establish an internal juvenile rugby team at each venue
- Increase rugby participation amongst young people and adults (KPIs to be agreed)
- Create a pilot outreach programme to engage with ‘at risk’ or disadvantaged young people (format and KPIs to be agreed)
- Establish a sustainable coach education programme to support teachers, coaches and volunteers (format and KPIs to be agreed)
- Must be educated to at least GCSE standard (preferably with at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above)
- A sports related qualification
- An RFU Level 2 rugby qualification
The successful candidates will have the following personal skills/attributes:
- A passion for sport and for the development of young people
- An understanding of LTAD
- Experience of coaching in a school and club environment
- To act as a role model for children and participants, developing positive relations with all participants including monitoring social skills, participation, discipline and welfare.
- An ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of key stake holders including sponsors, colleagues, government organisations and participants
- Completion of regular monitoring and evaluation returns
Benefits to include:
- Training prior to departure
- Linguistic support during employment period
- Return flights to the UK
- Accommodation and full board
- Living allowance
Interviews for these roles will take place at Premiership Rugby’s Twickenham office.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role by email for the attention of Scott Watson, Programme Development Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A more detailed job description is available on request via the email@example.com address.
Closing date: April 26, 2013.
Programme start date: August 2013.
26 April 2013
26 April 2013