Bowdon RUFC has an opportunity for an experienced Head Coach for their 1st XV and to oversee the coaching for all senior sides within the club for the 2013/14 season. Also they would be willing to support the mini & junior section, in the delivery of their training sessions, where necessary, throughout the season.
BRUFC are currently competing in South Lancs/Cheshire 1 at Level 7, we regularly field four senior teams supported by a fruitful Mini & Junior section. We are also proud of being recently successfully awarded RFU Club Accreditation.
Bowdon RUFC is looking for a qualified and experienced Head Coach who can take the club forward. He/she needs to provide a structured coaching programme on a weekly basis for all adult members of the club, both pre-season and throughout the playing season, as well as demonstrate the ability to lead a team on and off the pitch. Bowdon RUFC are open to a non-playing or player-coach in the role.
- Managing, coaching and leading the forwards/backs coaches and first-team squad. Encourage participation, whilst developing individual skill and confidence
- Developing match preparation of first-team squad. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, being approachable at all times
- Monitoring the development of unidentified talented players. Continuously building team spirit and galvanising camaraderie
- Plan and deliver twice-weekly coaching sessions (Tuesday and Thursday), both team- and individual-based. Be well-organised and a good timekeeper
- Develop the 1st XV playing strategy, promoting fair play, team standards and upholding the core values of rugby
- Support the 1st XV during competitive matches. Working at all times with relevant stakeholders to recruit players and retain players
- Provide competitive match analysis to generate continuous improvement. Representing the club professionally at all times
- Bowdon RUFC seeks an experienced and successful rugby coach at senior and preferably also junior level (this activity will require references)
- Will hold an RFU level 2 qualification or be willing to commit to achieving level 3 within a year of appointment. Or equivalent UK, Europe and international credentials
- Will need to possess a current and valid CRB disclosure certificate
- Remuneration to be agreed with the right candidate
Anyone wishing to apply, please do so by email. Attach a covering letter followed by a one-page CV.
Please email – Myles Kitchener on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is April 30, 2013.
Interviews will commence throughout May and the successful candidates will be required to plan pre-season training in June 2013 with pre season commencing in July 2013.
30 April 2013
30 April 2013