Chineham RFC founded in 1997 as a social side and still maintains this social ethos. The club has an enthusiastic team of coaches and a well organised committee who are determined to see the club succeed. Chineham RFC currently run 2 teams with the 1st XV playing in Hampshire 2 and the 2nd XV playing in the Hampshire Merit tables. The club has a senior player base of approximately 50 and for the 2012-13 season we have a newly formed minis section.
Our vision as a club is to provide rugby to the local community and maintain our friendly and social nature, and use this to retain our current players and recruit new players. Chineham RFC has set itself a goal of being promoted to Hampshire 1 within the next two seasons. It is important to us to expand our player base and ensure that everyone who wants to play can get an appropriate game and enjoys their rugby. The playing future of the club is in your hands. You will lead a group of coaches to produce successful teams on and off the field.
Ideally, you’ll need to:
- Be well organised and hard working
- Be an experienced and qualified rugby coach, ideally to Level 2 standard
- Have a team ethic, displaying personal discipline, pride and selflessness
- Communicate clearly with players, coaches and management both on and off the pitch
- Assertive and decisive when required to ensure any differences in opinions are resolved to the best interest of the club
What you’ll do:
- Take overall ownership of the playing side of Chineham RFC
- Establish a high performing and suitably qualified coaching team to work under your supervision
- Lead team selection
- Responsibility for the development of all club coaches, acting as a mentor to less experienced coaches
- Prepare a plan and budget for player and coach development
- Set and communicate a philosophy and game plan that recognise the teams’ strengths
- Establish a transparent selection policy
- Ensure all players receive clear, honest feedback and appraisal of their performance
- Complete a full written report annually that evaluates the selection criteria, game plan, strategies and player progression
- Support the minis section Head Coach and their team
- Promote the “one club” ethos
The role will require a time commitment of around six to eight hours a week from July to May, including two hours on both Tuesday and Thursday evenings coaching the adult players, two hours attending matches on Saturday afternoons, and time to prepare the coaching sessions and attending monthly committee meetings.
This is a voluntary position, however, club clothing and coaching kit will be provided. Seeing the teams and individual players and coaches under your guidance display improvement and progression will be your main reward. The club will also support and fund relevant coaching qualifications.
Club Chairman, providing a monthly written report to the Club Chairman and Secretary prior to each Executive Committee meeting and an annual written report prior to the annual general meeting.
Applicants should forward a covering letter and rugby CV to:
John Tinker, Hon. Secretary,
Basingstoke Sports and Social Club
Closing date for applicants is June 15, 2013.
15 June 2013
15 June 2013