Role: Hitz Project Officer
Reports to: Community Manager
Closing date: 21 November 2012
Interview date: 29 November 2012
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring team player who has proven ability to plan, deliver and evaluate high-quality rugby activities. You will combine your passion for rugby and sport with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills. As well as being a strong rugby coach, you will also have the ability to engage positively and build relationships with challenging young people. You will also be expected to be able to communicate with a wide range of strategic partners.
The position will be based in Leicester working from the Leicester Tigers Education Centre. Due to the nature of the job some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must hold a valid driving licence and have access to a suitable vehicle.
- To continue to develop the Tigers' social inclusion rugby related programmes.
- To organise, set up, lead and coordinate rugby sessions at identified venues, coordinating competitions and other events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be in line with the Leicester Tigers & Hitz strategic aims.
- To be responsible for high-quality delivery of community and social inclusion sessions as agreed in the programme through Tigers Education Centre.
- To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information for activities.
- To work in partnership with safer neighbourhood teams, youth groups, schools and other local agencies to encourage links between them to recruit and support ongoing participation and achievement by young people.
- To identify, recruit and direct young people onto relevant training and volunteering opportunities with identified partners.
- To work closely with a cohort of young people to progress them through simple engagement sessions and through to achieving academic outcomes through the learning provider.
- To liaise with local funding agencies to ensure growth and sustainability of the programme.
- To maximise opportunities to raise awareness amongst the target audiences/boroughs of rugby activities and encourage their participation.
- To oversee any appropriate budgets, ensuring spend is within budget and raising any overspend issues with the Tigers Community Manager at an early stage.
- To produce update reports for the Tigers Community Manager and funding agencies and related partners as required.
- To identify and follow up potential opportunities to develop activities in line with the strategic development of the Hitz programme and ongoing Tigers Education Centre inclusion and education initiatives.
- To carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post holder’s capabilities.
- Minimum Level 2 Rugby Football Union coaching award
- Current Criminal Records Bureau Check
- Experience of coaching within a range of environments
- Good understanding of the sport's networks and the strategy
- Detailed knowledge of current coaching and training processes and how to adapt and target participants according to ability
- A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
- An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication and motivation skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Valid driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
- Willingness to work flexible hours
21 November 2012
21 November 2012