South Tyneside College RUFC is seeking a coach to assist and support the Head Coach through the 2014/15 season and beyond. The club currently play and sit top of level 9 rugby in the Durham and Northumberland Division 3. The club are looking for an assistant coach to help develop the playing squad and achieve the goal of creating a team that can sustain level 8 rugby and push for level 7 over the forthcoming three seasons.
Based in the Westoe area of South Shields, this is a great opportunity to be a part of a club that is growing within the community and that is creating commercial partnerships with local and national companies to continue development into the future.
The successful candidate will develop individual player skills, fitness and game understanding. They will be a good motivator who puts the players' needs first. They will be able to work with players to find successful solutions to problems and will have a desire to create an exciting brand of rugby within the team. The use of analysis tools and performance metric data is essential.
Commitments will be a minimum of Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6.30-8pm) as well as Saturdays for matches. The successful candidate will also have an active role in team selection and squad management issues.
This role is a voluntary position; however, the club will provide club clothing and support coaches through their development where appropriate.
- Work alongside Head Coach (Level 3) to plan and deliver Tuesday and Thursday night training sessions
- Assist in selection process alongside Head Coach and 1st XV captain for match-day squads
- Identify potential 1st XV talent throughout the club and help them to develop
- Support the 1st or 2nd XV during Saturday fixtures (exact role will be discussed with successful candidate)
- Help to develop the “whole club” environment and create a playing culture that provides opportunities all at every level
- Support club recruitment initiatives
- Support the creation of junior/ladies teams
Qualifications and attributes:
- Ideally qualified to Level 2 standard, although open to a Level 1 coach with the right attitude and rugby philosophy or an experienced player/ex player who would like to get into coaching
- Must have a desire to constantly develop. Willing to take on board feedback and be open to different styles of play and methods of training
- Must be passionate and able to communicate that passion through their enthusiasm when training and when motivating players
- Should have a sound technical knowledge for all areas of the game
- Flexible when working with groups or individuals and comfortable leading and assisting sessions
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about South Tyneside College RUFC, please visit our website or find us on Facebook.
Closing date for applications is July 31, 2014.
31 July 2014
31 July 2014