Having recently gained promotion to Midlands 2 West (South) as League Champions, Old Coventrians RFC is seeking a new Head Coach to oversee coaching of the senior sides for the 2013/14 season. Old Coventrians is an ambitious club, with a great tradition and a talented group of players keen to consolidate our position in the higher League next season and progress from there. We believe this is an exciting opportunity for the right applicant.
Old Coventrians RFC has recently gained the RFU Club Accreditation Award, which sets out our plans to be a leading local community rugby club in the Midlands area. The Junior Section is thriving with around 250 players from 7 through to 17.
- Lead squad coaching sessions on Tuesday/Thursday evenings
- Support the 1st XV both home and away on match days
- Develop playing strategy and organisation
- Develop player skills and abilities
- Lead selection and work with a team manager to communicate with players
- Support club recruitment initiatives
- Monitor the development of future talented players including those in the Junior sides
- Encourage team spirit and a real rugby club ethos
- Knowledge: RFU Level 2 Coaching Award or higher or relevant experience
- Experience: managing people and teams
- Skills and abilities: motivation, communication and able to demonstrate a passion for Old Coventrians RFC and rugby union
The successful applicant will be provided with a coaching kit and the club would also consider investing in coaching CPD for the right candidate. This is a paid role. A player/coach would also be considered.
To apply for the position, please provide an A4 sheet setting out what you would bring to the role and send to Jane Waterhouse at email@example.com by Friday, May 31, 2013.
For an informal chat, please contact Tony Aston on 07973 321825.
We look forward to hearing from you!
31 May 2013
31 May 2013