The North Division U20s Delivery Team is seeking to appoint a Chairman of Selectors to support the Divisional Team Manager and National Chairman of Selectors in identifying a divisional squad by ensuring that a uniform player assessment & grading system is in place for inter-CB matches.
The post-holder will ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England Counties U20s programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment & selection system at Divisional and CB levels in accordance with RFU policies on player assessment & selection.
The post-holder will also be responsible for liaising with Divisional personnel to ensure that all inter-CB matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors, who will monitor the assessment & selection process.
Applicants should demonstrate significant experience of coaching & selecting players at CB & Divisional levels.
Applications in writing together with a Rugby CV should be sent to The Recruitment Officer, Rugby House, Rugby Road, Twickenham, TW1 1DS, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your experience, qualifications and suitability for this role.
Interviews will be held approximately 2-3 weeks from this date.
For further information please contact: David Ewing by email on email@example.com or Allan Secker on A.Secker@hull.ac.uk
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, if applying by CV, please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the careers section of our website, www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Reports to: Honorary Team Manager, Divisional U20s Delivery Team
England Counties U20s Chairman of Selectors
Key relationships: Counties U20s Management Team & Coaches; RFU employees; Divisional
& CB U20s Chairmen of Selectors, Managers and Coaches.
Nature & scope of job:
The post-holder will support the Divisional Team Manager and National Chairman of Selectors by ensuring that a uniform player assessment & selection system is in place for inter-county matches leading to the selection of a Divisional Squad.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England Counties U20s XV programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment & selection system at Divisional and CB levels in accordance with RFU policies on player assessment & selection
- Work in conjunction with the Coaching Team and Team Manager to facilitate the assessment, selection & feedback to players in an objective manner
- Liaise with Divisional personnel to ensure that all inter-county matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors who will monitor the assessment, selection and feedback process
- Attend Divisional training sessions and matches
- Convene and chair Divisional selection meetings as required
- Support the Chairman/Team Manager in maintaining an up to date Divisional player database
- Attend the meetings of the Divisional Delivery Team
- Liaise with Divisional & CB selectors and coaches to identify talented players
- Support the National Chairman of Selectors in producing a final England Counties U20s Squad.
- Assist with the delivery of Selector Training and review Selector performance
- Support the management team to ensure the playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union
Knowledge, skills and qualities:
- Hold a minimum of a RFU/UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent
- Be an RFU-Accredited Selector
- Has significant experience of coaching & selecting adult and U20 players at CB & Divisional levels
- Has a sound understanding of talent identification and selection systems
- High levels of observation and analysis skills
- Demonstrates a track record of personal development especially linked to player development, talent identification and selection
- Is able to lead & manage people
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players
- Is able to work effectively with other members of the U20s National & Divisional Delivery Teams
The post-holder is accountable to the England Counties U20s Divisional Team Manager and National Chairman of Selectors for the successful delivery of the responsibilities outlined above.
The post-holder will work closely with relevant RFU professional staff, Chairmen of Playing of the RFU’s Constituent Bodies, and the Directors of Rugby (or their equivalent) of clubs playing in National League (Level 3) clubs and below.
The term for the position is two years subject to annual review.
31 July 2013
31 July 2013