The North U16 Divisional Delivery Team is seeking to appoint a Chairman of Selectors to support the Division to identify a North 16s Divisional Squad and ensuring that a uniform player assessment and grading system is in place for inter-county (CB) matches.
The post-holder will ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England U16s programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player assessment & selection system in the North at Divisional and CB level in accordance with RFU policies on player assessment and selection.
The post-holder will also be responsible for liaising with Divisional personnel to ensure that all CB matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors, who will monitor the assessment and selection process.
Applicants should demonstrate significant experience of coaching and selecting U16 players at CB and Divisional levels and hold a minimum of a RFU/UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent and RFU selector accreditation.
Applications in writing together with a rugby CV should be sent to Penny Craig, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your experience, qualifications and suitability for this role.
For further information please contact: The North Division Chairman, Keith Mellalieu via email@example.com
The RFU operates a policy of equal opportunity. To help us monitor this, if applying by CV please complete our monitoring form and attach it with your application. The form can be downloaded from the careers section of our website www.rfu.com. The information you provide will only be used for monitoring purposes.
Reports to: Hon. Team Manager, North U16s Delivery Team & Professional Player Development Manager
Key relationships: North U16s Management & Coaches; RFU employees; CB U16s Managers & Coaches.
Nature & scope of job: The post-holder will support the Team Manager and North Divisional Delivery Team by ensuring that a uniform assessment and grading system is in place for inter-county (CB) matches that meets the objectives of the RFU Player Development Sub-Committee and the National Delivery Team.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives for the England U16s team programme are achieved by leading the implementation of a consistent player selection system at divisional and CB levels
- Work in conjunction with the Coaching Team and Team Manager to facilitate the selection of players in an objective manner
- Liaise with the Professional Player Development Manager to ensure the integration of the National Academy U15 programme into the selection process for the U16 programme
- Liaise with Divisional personnel to ensure that all CB matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors who will monitor the grading process
- Attend U15 Academy events and all Divisional matches and national training sessions and matches
- Support the Team Manager in maintaining an up-to-date player database (The RFU’s ‘Elite Hub’)
- Liaise with National Academy & CB selectors and coaches where appropriate
- Mentor and advise selectors where appropriate
- Ensure that the management team and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union, and uphold the core values of the game and adhere to the code of conduct
Knowledge, skills and qualities:
- Hold a minimum of a RFU/UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification, its recognised equivalent or demonstrates extensive experience at this level
- Has significant experience of coaching & selecting Under 16 age grade players at CB & Divisional levels
- Has attended the RFU Selection & Accreditation Course and has completed or is working towards Selector Accreditation
- Has a sound understanding of talent identification, development and selection systems
- High levels of observation and analysis skills
- Demonstrates a track record of personal development especially linked to player development, talent identification and selection
- Is able to lead & manage people
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players
- Is able to work effectively with other members of the U16s National & Divisional Delivery Teams
The post holder is accountable to the Chairman of the National Delivery Team and the Professional Player Development Manager for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above. Travel Expenses will be paid, as agreed in advance.
The role is subject to adjustment by way of changes in the RFU Operations Manual affecting 16 Group.
The term for the position is three years subject to annual review.
31 August 2013
31 August 2013