An exciting opportunity has arisen at Saracens for two academy coaches. Saracens are seeking a forwards coach and a backs coach to assist one of England’s top performing academies. The applicants should be able to show that they have a real passion for coaching and the development of youth athletes.
The successful applicant will be joining a strong academy team and must be able to work well within the group, providing information on players and liaising across departments. Applicants must be well-organised and able to cope with the administration that is required to help with the EPDG and AASE programmes. Applicants will also be responsible for maintaining and building relationships with key stakeholders.
We expect coaches to be high energy and deliver sessions at a good tempo, whilst providing appropriate and detailed technical coaching when required. The ideal candidate will have an RFU Level 3 qualification but exceptions can be made for outstanding experience.
- Facilitate sessions at EPDG – plan and organise dates, sessions, and seminars alongside keeping the administration of the programme up to date
- Assist with coaching on the AASE programme when required. You will also be required to attend AASE games
- Provide on-road support to England Academy Players to ensure they receive at least one contact a week
- Assist with the Academy League to plan, book and organise facility hire. Provide coaching and post match review for players following games
- Work as a liaison for School of Rugby programmes. You will be responsible for one county, providing coaching support and assistance
- Write reports on EPDG players at least 5 times a year
- Help with watching county matches to identify and find talent to bring into the programme
- Assist in running CPD days for associated coaches to help with the development of coaches in our area
- Coaches will be required to work 5 days a week; hours will be flexible depending on the make up of the week
- Have a sophisticated understanding of elite player development and evaluation
- Be ideally qualified to RFU Level 3 Coaching Award standard
- Have significant experience in mentoring and supporting of young players
- Be well versed in developing constructive working partnerships with both sports and non-sports based organisations
- Have an energetic and inspiring personality, allied to effective communication and presentation skills
- Be achievement orientated and able to deliver in an outcome driven environment
- Be a strong, effective manager of players, coaches and development staff
- Be confident in the application of information technology within the context of player development, monitoring and evaluation
Initially the appointment will be made for a fixed term (negotiable), with good prospects for continuation thereafter. The remuneration package offered will reflect the significance of the role and the capabilities of the successful candidates.
• To apply, please email your CV with 2 references and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) by email to Donald Barrell at email@example.com
• The closing date for applications is April 26, 2013
• Applicants who are not invited for interview will not be contacted
• Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post.
Applications must be received by April 26. Successful applicants will be invited for interview. Unfortunately, due to the expected volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to unsuccessful applications.
26 April 2013
26 April 2013