Kingsclere RFC have come a long way in a short space of time. The club was started in 1975 by local farmers and teachers as a nomadic pub side playing friendlies on Sundays. We try to maintain this social ethos.
An important milestone in the club’s history was the establishment of the Fieldgate Centre in 1991, which has since been its home ground and clubhouse. A turning point was in 1993 when it joined the Hampshire leagues.
Things have moved on and the club now has funded a fully floodlit pitch, established a minis section last season, and has an enthusiastic team of coaches and a well-organised committee who are determined to see the club succeed. The Fieldgate Centre also has an all-weather pitch.
Kingsclere RFC currently runs one team playing in Berkshire Bucks and Oxon championship league. The club has a senior player base of approximately 40 that are drawn from the community. Numbers vary from between 10 and 20 each week. We are planning to expand our minis section next season.
Our vision as a club is to maintain our friendly and social nature and use this to retain our current players and recruit new players, in particular potential young players from the local community. In the short term we would like to consolidate our current league level and aim to be challenging in the top half. It is important to us to expand our player base and ensure that everyone who wants to play can get quality coaching/training, an appropriate game and enjoy their rugby.
Job description/time commitment:
- Lead squad coaching sessions on Wednesday evenings
- Available to support the 1st XV both home and away on Saturday afternoons
- Lead selection and work with a manager to communicate with players
- Support club recruitment initiatives
- Support the transition of younger players in to the senior team.
- Support the development of less experienced club coaches
- Organised, Level 2 qualified – not essential but relevant experience preferable
- Knowledgeable/experienced in managing people
This is a voluntary position, however club clothing and coaching kit will be provided. The club would also consider investing in coaching CPD for the right candidate should they give a longer term commitment.
To apply or for an informal conversation regarding the role, please contact Colin Harvey (Club Coaching Coordinator) – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07986 160899.
31 July 2013
31 July 2013