Brackley RUFC is seeking a coach to assist and support the Head Coach through the 2013/14 season and beyond. The club currently plays level 8 rugby in the Midlands 3 East (South) league. The club was recently promoted and we are looking for a coach to help develop the playing squad and achieve the goal of creating a team that can sustain level 8 rugby and push for level 7 over the coming seasons.
Based in South Northamptonshire and with Northampton Saints on the doorstep, this is a great opportunity to be a part of a club which is growing within the community and which is creating commercial partnerships with local and national companies to continue development in to the future.
The successful candidate will work alongside the head coach to develop individual player skills and game understanding. They will be a good motivator who puts the player’s needs first. They will be able to work with players to find successful solutions to problems and will have a desire to create an exciting brand of rugby within the team.
Commitments will be a minimum of Tuesday and Thursday evenings as well as Saturdays for matches. The successful candidate will also have an active role in team selection and some squad management issues.
This role is a voluntary position; however the club will provide club clothing and support coaches through their development where appropriate.
• Work alongside Head Coach to plan and deliver Tuesday and Thursday night training sessions
• Assist in selection process alongside Head Coach and 1st XV Captain for match day squads
• Identify potential 1st XV talent throughout the club and help them to develop
• Support the 1st or 2nd XV during Saturday fixtures (exact role will be discussed with successful candidate)
• Help to develop the “whole club” environment and create a playing culture that provides opportunities for all at every level.
• Support club recruitment initiatives
• Support the transition of junior/colts players to the senior teams
Qualifications and attributes:
• Ideally qualified to level 2 standard although open to a level 1 coach with the right attitude and rugby philosophy or an experienced
player/ex player who would like to get into coaching.
• Must have a desire to constantly develop. Willing to take on board feedback and be open to different styles of play and methods of training.
• Must be passionate and able to communicate that through their enthusiasm when training and when motivating players.
• Should have a sound technical knowledge for all areas of the game.
• Flexible when working with groups or individuals and comfortable leading and assisting sessions.
31 July 2013