Assistant Coach U17/18 Representative Squad (Volunteer)
The Leicestershire Rugby Union is seeking to appoint an Assistant Coach to support the Head Coach in the coaching and planning of the coaching programme for the Leicestershire Under 17/18 representative squads.
The Assistant Coach will work in an age group squad lead by a Head Coach, promote LRU CB protocol at all times, and will report directly to the Chairman of the Coaching Committee of the Leicestershire Rugby Development Partnership.
The voluntary position provides an excellent opportunity for a Level 2 Coach to work with some of the best players in Leicestershire and offers the support of a talented coaching and administration team in an environment of shared personal development supported by the Leicestershire Rugby Union Coaching Committee.
The Assistant Coach will work in an age group squad led by a Head Coach and will report directly to the Chairman of the Coaching Committee of the Leicestershire Rugby Development Partnership
About the job:
The voluntary position provides an excellent opportunity for a level 2 coach to work with some of the best players in the Leicestershire as well as working with other talented coaches in an environment of shared personal development supported by the Leicestershire Rugby Union Coaching Committee.
- Will have a player-centered approach in all contact with players, parents and staff
- Will have empathy with the age group of players recognising their needs and aspirations
- Will work with the Head Coach in planning the coaching programme and prepare and deliver individual sessions
- Will implement good practice in the coaching process of planning, delivery and review
- Will have good knowledge of rugby techniques, skills; unit plus team game play
- Will have the ability to assess players’ performance and provide feedback on a frequent basis
- Will be self reflective, willing to accept advice and training to further coaching skills via the CPD programme provided by the RFU and Leicestershire Rugby Union Coaching Committee
- Will be prompt and conscientious setting the appropriate standard for the squad
- Will hold a minimum of RFU Level 2 coaching qualification and willing where appropriate to progress to Level 3 (CB Funded)
- Will hold an RFU Coach Licence
- Will have the required rugby knowledge to make difficult decisions about selection of players and development opportunities
- Will possess a current driving licence and valid enhanced CRB disclosure certificate
Closing date for applications is Monday, January 7, 2013.
Interviews will be held by the end of January 2013.
The interview process will also include the planning and delivery of a live coaching session to a group of senior players.
The successful applicant will be appointed February 2013.
Please email your application using the Volunteer Application Form
(MS Word Doc 60KB) including two references to email@example.com
For further information or an informal discussion please contact the Chairman of the Coaching Committee, Kevin Whitcombe, on 07847 943336.
07 January 2013
07 January 2013