Team Manager U17/18 Representative Squad (Volunteer)
The Leicestershire Rugby Union is seeking to appoint a Team Manager to support the Head Coach and Assistant Coach in the coaching and planning of the coaching programme for the Leicestershire Under 17/18 representative squads.
The Manager will, promote LRU CB protocol at all times and report directly to the LRU Director of Rugby/Chairman of the Coaching Committee of the Leicestershire (CB) Rugby Development Partnership
The voluntary position provides an excellent opportunity for either a level 1 or 2 coach wishing to improve their knowledge of team management and Rugby governance to work with some of the best coaches and players in Leicestershire and other Managers on a regional basis. Personal development will be supported by the Leicestershire Rugby Union Coaching Committee.
The Team Manager will play a key role in delivering a successful age group programme ensuring that the programme is created, developed and agreed by all stakeholders; then delivered correctly and in line with best practice. The Manager will report directly to the LRU Director of Rugby/Chairman of the Coaching Committee of the Leicestershire (CB) Rugby Development Partnership
About the job:
The voluntary position provides an excellent opportunity for a level 1/2 coach wishing to improve their knowledge of team management and rugby governance to work with some of the best coaches and players in Leicestershire and other managers on a regional basis. Personal development will be supported by the Leicestershire Rugby Union Coaching Committee.
- Will maintain an up to date player and coach database and inform all regarding meetings, coaching sessions, matches and selection via Email, Leicestershire website, telephone and in writing where appropriate
- Will work with the coaching team to provide all administrative support to the age group squad i.e. financial, communication and training, coaching and playing
- Will communicate programme dates and changes to Schools, Clubs, Further Education establishments, other CB Representative Squad Managers, SOR and EPDG in accordance with the RFU Youth Structured Season
- Will attend all Local and Regional trials, meetings, coaching sessions and matches where appropriate
- Will manage all relevant kit requirements of the squad and coaches following procurement guidelines and agreement procedures in consultation with the LRU Kit Manager
- Will organise all relevant squad venues, catering, referees and medical support
- Will liaise with parents and/or relevant coaches on all administrative matters
- Will ensure that all training and match organisation meets the RFU minimum standards for safety and welfare of all involved
- Will possess a current driving licence and a valid enhanced CRB disclosure certificate
- Will liaise with the Chairman of Leicestershire Coach and Player Development Committee regarding coach selection and induction process, helping to ensure that the most suitable and skilled coaches are appointed to the age group
- Will report to the LRU Director of Rugby and Coach Player Development Committee on a quarterly bases - minimum
Closing date for applications is Monday, January 7, 2013.
Interviews will be held by the end of January 2013.
The successful applicant will be appointed February 2013.
Please email your application using the Volunteer Application Form (MS Word Doc 60KB) including two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or an informal discussion please contact the Chairman of the Coaching Committee, Kevin Whitcombe, on 07847 943336.
07 January 2013
07 January 2013