Can you inspire us? We're looking for coaches.
Millwall Rugby Club is a friendly community rugby club based on the Isle of Dogs, near Canary Wharf in London. We currently field three Men’s teams, a Women’s team and a growing Youth side, and our 1st XV is currently in Essex 1 (division 9). We’re looking for additional coaches to support our existing head coach:
- Forwards coach – minimum RFU level 1 and appropriate CPD courses
- Backs coach – minimum RFU level 1 and appropriate CPD courses
- Assistant coaches – to support one of our Men’s, Women’s or Youth Squads on a rota basis
In all of the roles, you will be part of our club coaching team and support volunteers who produce successful teams on and off the field. We anticipate the roles to be voluntary positions but we will reimburse you for reasonable expenses. We are also very keen to develop skills within our coaching team so we will fund your ongoing coaching development, which benefits both you and the club.
We’ll expect you to:
- Inspire and develop players, coaches and team managers in the game and skills of rugby (beginners and experienced players)
- Plan training sessions (or support other coaches' training sessions)
- Advise team managers on how to select the strongest teams possible, whilst keeping within the ethos of Millwall Rugby Club
- Represent the club professionally at all time
You will be accountable to the elected Club Management Committee (CMC) and will report on a day-to-day basis to the Men’s/Ladies’/Youth Chair as appropriate and to the Club Captain, who has overall responsible for all playing matters.
Please apply by email to email@example.com, submitting a CV together with a covering letter, outlining why you’re suitable for the role and why it interests you.
31 May 2013
31 May 2013