London Scottish is looking to recruit an experienced physiotherapist to join the expanding medical team for the 2013/14 season.
London Scottish is a Championship Rugby Club looking to appoint a full-time clinician with a good level of experience in sports physiotherapy. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering medical management of London Scottish squad players and the post will include cover for all training sessions, injury clinics and match-day cover.
The role will primarily be based in Richmond, London, but the successful candidate will be required to travel for fixtures. Remuneration for this role will be competitive and dependent on experience and qualifications.
- To provide physiotherapy support at training sessions and matches in association with head physiotherapist, physiotherapy interns, massage therapists, doctor and strength and conditioning department
- To assess players with regard to their fitness and injury status in relation to their fitness to train or play
- Ensure adequate and appropriate communication of player condition and availability to coaching and strength and conditioning staff
- Assist with implementation of effective “prehabilitation” programmes
- With the head physiotherapist, develop strong and effective working relationships with medical staff at key clubs
- To liaise with International medical teams with regard to the fitness and injury management of players selected for international duty
- To liaise with Premiership medical teams with regard to the fitness and injury management of dual-registered and loan players
- To set high performance standards to ensure adherence to London Scottish FC expectations, and to prioritise resources towards achieving the season goal and other agreed performance targets
- Hold a degree in physiotherapy
- Be a current member of the Health Professions Council and the CSP
- Evidence of up-to-date training in the immediate management of pitchside injuries (ICIS)
- Have a good level of experience in the field of sports physiotherapy
- Master's degree or equivalent in physiotherapy
- RFU ICIS pitchside qualification
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to discuss the role confidentially in further detail before applying then please contact Director of Rugby, Simon Amor: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday, April 19, 2013.
Start date: the successful candidate would be required to start at their earliest convenience.
19 April 2013
19 April 2013