London Scottish Marketing and Communications Executive
London Scottish Rugby Club – Richmond, London
Following 7 promotions in 10 years, ambitious Championship rugby club London Scottish are looking to employ a Marketing and Communications Executive as part of their growing off field team. The exciting post is a key aspect of the clubs strategic plans to return to sustainable top flight rugby. The post offers the candidate an enviable opportunity to develop a broad and enjoyable range of skills within a world renowned club. It represents the ideal prospect for a graduate, or somebody who is actively seeking to shift into the sports industry, to develop and progress rapidly.
• Populate the website with informative, well written and interesting content
• Develop and deliver the Club’s social media strategy
• Work with the commercial team to develop promotional and marketing campaign concepts, particularly match day marketing and club events
• Develop and deliver clear and effective briefs for design partners to produce promotional material and creatives for matches and other events
• Co-ordinate distribution and promotion of content through a range of channels including, but not exclusive to, social media platforms and e-bulletins.
• Write, plan and coordinate the Club’s match day programme, including ghost-writing the Director of Rugby’s column, while making sure it fulfills all sponsorship obligations
• Keep abreast of Club events and news, and ensure it is distributed through the appropriate channels
• Liaise with various Club sponsors, coaches and players to ensure that appropriate match-day promotions are distributed to the widest audience and market possible
• Continue the development and growth of the London Scottish Business Club
• To deal with a variety of stakeholders including press, members with view of developing relations that drive the club’s marketing and media profile forward
• To film and edit in-house video interviews that populate the club’s YouTube channel
• To deliver elements of match-day operations that relate to marketing and communications
• Manage all ticketing inquiries and processes
• Articulate and confident communicator (both written and verbally)
• Experience of utilising social media as a promotional tool
• Experience of web content management systems, including their usage and maintenance/ management
• Computer literate to a high degree
• A passion for sport
• An enthusiastic, committed and self driven individual
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Excellent communication
• Willingness and flexibility to work weekends and occasional week nights
• Strong organisation and interpersonal skills – able to be self-managing
• Experience in filming and basic video editing
• Degree qualified
• Experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders; including sports clubs, national governing bodies and broadcasters.
• An awareness/appreciation of online marketing (e.g. PPC, SEO, email, Display etc.)
• An awareness/appreciation of web analytics
Early applications will be appreciated. Applications (CV & covering letter) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header. PLEASE STATE YOUR START DATE AVAILABILITY WITHIN THE EMAIL.
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th October 2012.
Interviews will be held subsequently.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Lee Rust: email@example.com
12 October 2012
12 October 2012